TV shows that started of great and then went crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison Break is the perfect example of this. Brilliant first season, the second was half good, half average. Then it was completely shite.

West Wing is probably a shout, though I'm loathe to say it was crap. The last couple of seasons weren't close to the Sorkin days though.

People saying Homeland are wrong. The last 2 seasons are up there with the best.

On the flip side, Person of Interest is one of the few shows that you could say the reverse of. There's an argument that season 1 is the worst and it improves with season 5 being one of the best.

Stranger Things - 11 holds out hand, kills baddies, nose bleeds. Rinse and repeat for new series though change songs.

Dont think the last couple of series of game of thrones was shit i just think they tried to put to much into them to try and give the fans what they wanted and ended up f***ing it up

didnt enjoy the last series of killing eve at all thought it was far to slow

The Killing (Danish version) and Homeland would have made brilliant, stand alone single series TV shows.

The first season of The Killing was amongst the best telly I've ever seen, so emotive and engrossing as the story unfolded. The next two I can barely remember. Average at best.

As for Homeland they just needed to tweak the ending of the first season to make it it's only season - Brody detonates his bomb. As stark and impactful an denouement as they come to a gripping show.

Would add the Walking Dead to everything already mentioned. I watched until the penultimate episode of season 3 and just realised I was forcing myself to watch it and sacked it off.

Last edited:
Only Fools got shitter with the last few specials, but wasn't that bad

The last few specials broke my heart mate. Awful.

The final series was a definite level down on the previous 4 masterpieces. McNultys "serial killer" stuff was a touch daft like.

As an aside, when I was bang in to the show, Scunny had a full back called Jimmy McNulty. He was pants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back