TV programmes that left an impression on you...

• Thread starter Deleted member 48628
  • Start date

November 1963 at my grans guest house, the grown ups were all talking about the Kennedy killing, so 8 year old Tonyfromalnwick was told to watch telly. The first ever episode of Doctor Who, An Unearthly Child, came on. Never seen anything like it , I was hooked.
I suspect that its pretty likely that any of us who were children of the 60s or 70s would have been fascinated/traumatised by Doctor Who at some point...

Don't get me started on shop window dummies coming to life and murdering people... :eek: ...and this was on straight after Grandstand when we were having our tea...:lol:

'Blue Peter' and presenter Simon Groom on a replacement door knocker at Durham Cathedral, declaring "What a beautiful pair of knockers".

Still makes me laugh.
By no means his only double entendre either... :lol:

For example: "The secret of a good lay is to have a good length..."

Threads
Boys from the Blackstuff
Life After People

Were ones that probably made me think about the subject matter a lot more than I had previously.

These days it seems like many people have forgotten - or are simply unaware - that we had this very real threat of nuclear Armageddon hanging over us and our day to day lives for years...

Erm... and on a slightly lighter note, the Fulwell cage used to sing 'Gis a job' circa 82-82 season?!

These days it seems like many people have forgotten - or are simply unaware - that we had this very real threat of nuclear Armageddon hanging over us and our day to day lives for years...

Erm... and on a slightly lighter note, the Fulwell cage used to sing 'Gis a job' circa 82-82 season?!
Yeah there was a genuine fear back then of it happening :(

Family Affairs - tea time television probably about 20 or 30 years ago featuring a domestic abuse story line and it was brutal, the guy called Trevor was evil and his Mrs ended up bashing his head in with an iron. There was another guy who was a crook and he looked like Seth Gecko from Dust Till Dawn who took advantage of everyone around him.

Back