Tv License

Getting closer to cutting the cord on the BBC.

They are making less and less content of any merit. Their political and news coverage stinks of political bias and interference.

It might be only £2.97 or whatever a week, but it is shite, bureaucratic, Tory, London-centric and uses doorstepping thugs from Crapita to harrass those who don't pay tribute to them.

Last edited:
Ain't capitalism wonderful? :cool:

It is, However the BBC get a free leg up so its not really capitalism is it, more like a nationalization model. I haven't got a problem paying for a product, However the problem is I've already paid for it once so why would I want to pay for it again..
They only own about 10% of Britbox. ITV are the main owners.

But we don't have to pay for ITV

Last edited:
The BBC is worth every penny. Used to find on AVFORUMS that those who were quick to defend the cost of Sky, it's only whatever per day, were the same ones who wanted to see the end of the licence fee.
It is, However the BBC get a free leg up so its not really capitalism is it, more like nationalization model. I haven't got a problem paying for a product, However the problem is I've already paid for it once so why would I want to pay for it again..
Have you seen how many repeats there are on Sky?

It is, However the BBC get a free leg up so its not really capitalism is it, more like a nationalization model. I haven't got a problem paying for a product, However the problem is I've already paid for it once so why would I want to pay for it again..

You don't have to pay for Britbox. You have a choice so I'm not sure how you can compare it to Nationalisation. I'm sure every taxpayer would want the Beeb to maximise its income.

The BBC is worth every penny. Used to find on AVFORUMS that those who were quick to defend the cost of Sky, it's only whatever per day, were the same ones who wanted to see the end of the licence fee.

Have you seen how many repeats there are on Sky?

yet its up to you if you want to subcribe or not..

You don't have to pay for Britbox. You have a choice so I'm not sure how you can compare it to Nationalisation. I'm sure every taxpayer would want the Beeb to maximise its income.

I already have with my license fee..

We were discussing Britbox. You were moaning about that. You don't have to have it. Do you buy Sky Sports when you don't need to? It;s not compulsory.

I was discussing both.

Why would I want to pay for Britbox when I've already paid for it. Even if I did wanted to watch repeats again I can't see a discount for current licence holders anywhere on their website.

I'm all for capitalism.. let the BBC fight its corner like sky have to, I don't have a problem with that..

Last edited:

Back