Tv License

Annoys me they say they're skint yet are running at least 6 national TV channels, should just get back to the two and get the licence fee down.

This. I'd be happy with just BBC4 and the news tbh with the former being worth the money on its own.

Can't believe a national boycott hasn't happened yet. The BBC should have to self fund like all other UK channels

The Tommy 2% did advocate it but Panorama went on a pretty good run of programming.

the whole exchange above is exactly the point.

- It is NOT Mandatory
- You do NOT need one for the radio
- You do NOT need one for netflix/bbc shows on netflix and only for lve stuff on Prime
- The rules ARE on the website, but are very ambiguous
- The people who come to the door ARE working for Capita and not the BBC/Gov
- You CAN choose to have it or not, But DON'T belittle people who choose the other

also as a side note, My last 2 cars had a tv funtion in them where i could watch live freeview etc. A license is not need for a car strangely.

Whole thing is bonkers

I’m a fan of the license fee, but can’t see how they can force everyone to pay it.
There is now ways to encrypt channels, to stop people viewing it, so why hasn’t this been challenged yet.
The radio is different mind, not sure how this would work.

how can anyone be a fan of the licence fee ya f***ing whopper....

mind id pay it if the BBC agreed to remove all female commentators from MOTD and TMS

you dont know what your talking about NOW GO AND MAKE ME A f***ing sANDWICH

A couple of questions

Do they charge a lump sum for a "TV licence" or is it paid via taxes?

Are they funded directly by this lump sum or is it offset by advertising and/or subscriptions?

And here's a few more

Is the one-off charge higher than that of the UK

Have they recently snatched back concessions from a vulnerable social group

Is the current system open to abuse by fraudsters and con merchants worldwide

A couple of questions

Do they charge a lump sum for a "TV licence" or is it paid via taxes?

Are they funded directly by this lump sum or is it offset by advertising and/or subscriptions?

And here's a few more

Is the one-off charge higher than that of the UK

Have they recently snatched back concessions from a vulnerable social group

Is the current system open to abuse by fraudsters and con merchants worldwide

Read the wiki article maybe?

The point remains, more than three countries have TV licences.

Read the wiki article maybe?

The point remains, more than three countries have TV licences.
In Europe, only Norway, Sweden and Denmark don't have advertising or subscription as part of its funding.

Well I say Sweden but the wiki page you helpfully provided me with says they've since abolished their licence fee

In Europe, only Norway, Sweden and Denmark don't have advertising or subscription as part of its funding.

Well I say Sweden but the wiki page you helpfully provided me with says they've since abolished their licence fee

So more than three countries have TV licences then?

Not entirely sure what your endgame is here other than working yourself up about tv licencing.

So more than three countries have TV licences then?

Not entirely sure what your endgame is here other than working yourself up about tv licencing.
I don't understand why you punch yourself in the face when people must be queuing up with patter like this

Three countries minus Sweden = two countries

You seem to be operating on the understanding that state funding of any kind equals exactly the same setup we have in the UK. To explain the difference would take far too much time going by your last few posts

For that reason alone I'm out

I don't understand why you punch yourself in the face when people must be queuing up with patter like this

Three countries minus Sweden = two countries

You seem to be operating on the understanding that state funding of any kind equals exactly the same setup we have in the UK. To explain the difference would take far too much time going by your last few posts

For that reason alone I'm out

I'm just going to conclude that your incadescent rage over tv licencing is blinding you to your overwhelming stupidity here.

The question was (and you yourself asked this, have a look back through your posts if you want) "who else pays a licence fee?" it wasn't "which countries in Europe only pay a licence fee and not a mix of licence fee and advertising" You said three countries, it's more than three. You absolute dafty.

Here's the link again for when your tantrum's over and you want to educate yourself: Television licence - Wikipedia

Last edited:
My mate opted out of the TV licence as he only has games consoles connected to his TV. They came to inspect his equipment ( oh er) and he thought that was it all sorted! He still gets letters almost weekly from the TV licence and has had another couple of visits so he gave in and paid the fee!

My mate opted out of the TV licence as he only has games consoles connected to his TV. They came to inspect his equipment ( oh er) and he thought that was it all sorted! He still gets letters almost weekly from the TV licence and has had another couple of visits so he gave in and paid the fee!
[/QUOTE
And therein lies the whole problem

It works out weekly as less the one pint but still people twist!

People aren't twisting if they use the service, they want a scrambled subscription based service like every other broadcaster is using with todays technology so if they don't use the service they don't have to use the "opt out" bullshit option which should be ruled illegal along with the unneccesary doorstep harrasment. The only reason the BBC have'nt changed their stance is because they know fine well they would lose a fortune in funding, they are a dinosaur living on borrowed time and there "business model" stinks.

Last edited:
People aren't twisting if they use the service, they want a scrambled subscription based service like every other broadcaster is using with todays technology so if they don't use the service they don't have to use the "opt out" bullshit option which should be ruled illegal along with the unneccesary doorstep harrasment. The only reason the BBC have'nt changed their stance is because they know fine well they would lose a fortune in funding, they are a dinosaur living on borrowed time and there "business model" stinks.

That £2.97 it works out per week must be crippling them!

Doorstep harassment f***ing hell man!

Back