Tumble dryer fix needed

harmy

Striker
Just moved into a new house and the tumble dryer won’t spin. The drum will move by hand. House been empty over a year so guess that’s done it. Anyway anyone know of anyone in Sunderland to fix these?

It’s a hot point condenser dryer.

Just moved into a new house and the tumble dryer won’t spin. The drum will move by hand. House been empty over a year so guess that’s done it. Anyway anyone know of anyone in Sunderland to fix these?

It might be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand one off Facebook marketplace.

Sorry don’t know anyone but there’s loads of videos usually about fixing stuff like this, I’m sure I had a similar issue and it was a silver capacitor think it was under a tenner to replace.
Just try taking the side off and you may get an immediate view of the problem

If you can hear the motor struggling to start and the drum will move after you give it a good push by hand it will be the main capacitor, they cost around £10.

Is it bollocks. Changed mine three times.

Typical of the throwaway selfish society this mind

;)
A piece of piss tbh. If throwing money away floats your boat, who am i to argue.

Changed them with my eyes closed.
I'm a self confessed lazy bastard when it comes to DIY mind.
If it was made before 2015 he might be able to contact Hotpoint and get it replaced as part of the recall.

Last edited:
Youtube will help, done a few things on my washing machine and tumble dryer

I'm not saying it's a piece of piss as some have a fuck load of screws and bits that need to be removed but it's doable if you own some basic tools

Seriously marra, save yourself a few quid next time and have a go. You're binning it anyway, so whats the loss. A TD belt is a piece of piss
It is mad how people just bin stuff off without getting it fixed, or replace perfectly good stuff mind. I remember when I was a kid and we had one of those PYE telly's with the fuax walnut casing. Me fatha was often getting his mate to look at it. People fixed each others stuff then and there was no shame in taking second hand gear from each other.

It is mad how people just bin stuff off without getting it fixed, or replace perfectly good stuff mind. I remember when I was a kid and we had one of those PYE telly's with the fuax walnut casing. Me fatha was often getting his mate to look at it. People fixed each others stuff then and there was no shame in taking second hand gear from each other.
Tbh, id say 8/10 when i have a go at something i can fix it, im a hands on bloke so clearly helps, but as i said earlier,, have a go,
The internet was made for this kind of thing

Serious breach of protocol if you’ve come on here instead of youtube, where the answer is. You don’t deserve dry clothes. 💦, soz I mean 😉.

Is it switched on?
Have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Nee troubleshooting clues either, fuck me, we’re working blind here.
Does it not gan at all or does it gan if you start it off with ya hand? Obviously you’ll have to take the lid off first.
If it gans when you start it turning with ya hand then it’s a fluxed fucked capacitor. Probs at the back bottom side. Capacitors used to be called condensers so thats nowt to do with the issue. Careful cos they store charge so don’t touch the terminals with owt metal. Shouldn’t be exposed but y’never knar.

Serious breach of protocol if you’ve come on here instead of youtube, where the answer is. You don’t deserve dry clothes. 💦, soz I mean 😉.

Is it switched on?
Have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Nee troubleshooting clues either, fuck me, we’re working blind here.
Does it not gan at all or does it gan if you start it off with ya hand? Obviously you’ll have to take the lid off first.
If it gans when you start it turning with ya hand then it’s a fluxed fucked capacitor. Probs at the back bottom side. Capacitors used to be called condensers so thats nowt to do with the issue. Careful cos they store charge so don’t touch the terminals with owt metal. Shouldn’t be exposed but y’never knar.
Don't quit the day job marra...

Just gave one away as well a few weeks ago or could have had it mate :(

Back