Triple Child Murderer to be released from Prison

I remember him. He was set for release a decade ago to the point where he was out part time but the outcry stopped it.

I must admit that terms like 'less likely' and 'improved self-control' under these circumstances doesn't fill me with much confidence that he won't relapse into psychosis and anger problems.

But I suppose if folk in the area are made aware.
aye he was getting day release 12 years ago

Glad they asked an expert on human psychology and not me like cos its a tough call to make when every instinct (literally, we are programmed to protect children) is to throw away the key.

There's a preconception (shared by me, I am after all a product of my society) that people with faulty limbs can get better with treatment and physio, people with faulty hearts can be treated with surgery and people with a faulty pancreas can be treated medically to live a normal life.

People with faulty brains though...

What he did was so monstrous it almost definitively HAS to be an act of actual insanity - he was acting with a faulty brain. He was (mentally) ill. Had to be. So now we are in this situation where we have a fella that did something while ill that the people who treat the illness say wont happen again. Can we buy that? If not whats the point of all these psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, chemists and shit?

Or do we just want him to rot in prison as a warning to others (not particularly useful if they're mentally ill, in fact Im fairly sure he was aware before this happened that killing some kids might carry a custodial sentence) or just out of vengeance on what was an ill person?

Just asking the questions, I'm not qualified to answer. (The people who are have said he should be released)

Last edited:
15 years per impaled, mutilated child is nowhere near enough. Should never be a free man. As another poster said, he should have swung. I bet if the parole board were responsible for his future crimes they would not deem him safe. I'm no psychologist but he still looks bat shit crazy to me on the BBC link. Must be awful for the mother having reassurances by a judge that he would never be released only for him to be then released. At 66 he could still have some enjoyment out of life as well.

15 years per impaled, mutilated child is nowhere near enough. Should never be a free man. As another poster said, he should have swung. I bet if the parole board were responsible for his future crimes they would not deem him safe. I'm no psychologist but he still looks bat shit crazy to me on the BBC link. Must be awful for the mother having reassurances by a judge that he would never be released only for him to be then released. At 66 he could still have some enjoyment out of life as well.
If judges/juries/parole boards/Sentencing Council etc were held accountable for future crimes committed by a person then everyone would just constantly receive life sentences for every crime.

Glad they asked an expert on human psychology and not me like cos its a tough call to make when every instinct (literally, we are programmed to protect children) is to throw away the key.

There's a preconception (shared by me, I am after all a product of my society) that people with faulty limbs can get better with treatment and physio, people with faulty hearts can be treated with surgery and people with a faulty pancreas can be treated medically to live a normal life.

People with faulty brains though...

What he did was so monstrous it almost definitively HAS to be an act of actual insanity - he was acting with a faulty brain. He was (mentally) ill. Had to be. So now we are in this situation where we have a fella that did something while ill that the people who treat the illness say wont happen again. Can we buy that? If not whats the point of all these psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, chemists and shit?

Or do we just want him to rot in prison as a warning to others (not particularly useful if they're mentally ill, in fact Im fairly sure he was aware before this happened that killing some kids might carry a custodial sentence) or just out of vengeance on what was an ill person?

Just asking the questions, I'm not qualified to answer. (The people who are have said he should be released)
I dont think he was deemed as being insane at the time, besides thats like saying Hitler must have been insane and could be 'fixed'.

If judges/juries/parole boards/Sentencing Council etc were held accountable for future crimes committed by a person then everyone would just constantly receive life sentences for every crime.

I agree, its a ridiculous suggestion and should never happen I just personally think that the decision of the parole board in this particular case may have been different if there was more accountability. I'm normally on the side of if you have done your time and have been released then you should be allowed to get on with your life, as people make mistakes. However in this case , its one think losing your temper acting in a fit of range but what he did was on another level.

Surprised he’s not getting a new identity and all that shite

Maxine Carr got it and considering what he did ffs man, how the fuck can someone read about what he did then think ‘I mate you’re ok now’

I cannot comprehend the thought process of the people that make this kind of decision. I know they’re bound by law but they have the power to keep him inside. He killed three children in what was presumably a fit of rage which is bad enough, but he then impaled them on railings?

Some crimes are so heinous the offender doesn’t deserve a second chance.

I’d be interested to hear the reasoning of anyone brave enough to post a different view?

I thought I would refrain initially from commenting as reading the story made me angry. He took the lives of 3 innocent kids/babies.
He should never be released and I can't believe it's happening.
I feel sorry for the poor mother who has no doubt suffered every day since and now has to suffer this.

Whats next Ian Huntley to be released?
Some wanker somewhere will be working on it . Rights to family life and all that shit .

I watched a documentary a few years ago about this fella who I'd never even heard about. Absolutely horrific. But they were saying then - or Professor David Wilson was - that for this bloke life would mean life.

We had one who was an arsonist. His name began with a B so I was his caseworker at the big HQ. He was a bit pissed off where he worked so he burnt down a barn. He was in for ages. He had loads of support to release him. It’s not like he ever killed anyone eh? Even so, the psychologists thought he was not safe for release but even a young MP got involved. Wrote a letter and everything with the portcullis at the top. Tony Blair. I know, I saw the letter.

The fella was released. After 20 odd years or summat. And burned down the same f***ing barn again. Sometimes the professionals know better.

I’m not saying this is right in this case here mind. I’m a soft f***ing we can fix them liberal but that’s in most cases. This one should have swung.
I read lots of cases. It’s not right to say they were worse than this but let’s just say there are some evil twisted fuckers around. The longest tariffs were for premeditated murder. Even police killers had determinate tariffs. Whole life tariffs went to those who killed more than one or inflicted torture while doing it. There were a surprisingly low amount of WLT, maybe 24 at the time out of less than a thousand serving lifers. I’m guessing at the second, this was over 20 years ago, but the 24 sticks in my mind.

I’m surprised this twat didn’t get one mind, even with my experience of it all.

Back