Travellers site plans dropped by the council

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m sure as a city we are having real problems with litter atm. Sooooooo we have bins all over the streets, bins at our homes, street cleaners, a waste depot, a council collection, and regular meet and clean groups at the sea front. BUT we as a city have a massive litter problem dispite all of this. But the travellers are scum, pikey, mingers and all the other names that they have been called on this thread for leaving rubbish lying around. And they don’t have any of the above amenities.
WHAT A LAUGH

I’m sure as a city we are having real problems with litter atm. Sooooooo we have bins all over the streets, bins at our homes, street cleaners, a waste depot, a council collection, and regular meet and clean groups at the sea front. BUT we as a city have a massive litter problem dispite all of this. But the travellers are scum, pikey, mingers and all the other names that they have been called on this thread for leaving rubbish lying around. And they don’t have any of the above amenities.
WHAT A LAUGH

you said it, Stig!

Put it this way, each to their own and all that - but the fact remains....

I tolerate black and I tolerate white
I respect left-wing and I respect reasoned right-wing
Don't see a problem with tall or short, fat or slim, rich or poor.
I'm not bothered about British or foreign, either.

But there is right and there is wrong.

Thieving from the neighbourhood, fly-tipping rubbish, considering yourself above the law, trespassing & not cleaning up your shit whilst trying to portray yourself as some old-fashioned romantic clothes peg-making butter-wouldn't-melt innocent Romany-type person is WRONG.

you said it, Stig!

Put it this way, each to their own and all that - but the fact remains....

I tolerate black and I tolerate white
I respect left-wing and I respect reasoned right-wing
Don't see a problem with tall or short, fat or slim, rich or poor.
I'm not bothered about British or foreign, either.

But there is right and there is wrong.

Thieving from the neighbourhood, fly-tipping rubbish, considering yourself above the law, trespassing & not cleaning up your shit whilst trying to portray yourself as some old-fashioned romantic clothes peg-making butter-wouldn't-melt innocent Romany-type person is WRONG.

I’m assuming you’re going to actually head to a site and let your feelings known to travellers in person, yeah? Or are you just planning on spouting off and hiding behind a screen?

I’m assuming you’re going to actually head to a site and let your feelings known to travellers in person, yeah? Or are you just planning on spouting off and hiding behind a screen?

Why on EARTH would I need to explain something that they already know? Unless they're all thick as shit as well?

Isn't that part of the problem? If anyone actually went and had a word they'd more than likely end up with a hiding from those lovable rogues.

Isn't that part of the problem? If anyone actually went and had a word they'd more than likely end up with a hiding from those lovable rogues.

I tell you what then, keep typing negative stuff on an internet forum and hope the attitude of a whole community changes to make you happy!

I tell you what then, keep typing negative stuff on an internet forum and hope the attitude of a whole community changes to make you happy!

I doubt for a second they'll change. Thanks to social media and the proliferate number of scratter TV programmes like "Big Fat Gyppo Wedding", they think their lifestyle is now ACCEPTABLE, purely because it has a medium through which we can learn about their way of living and their way of thinking.

Like Farage, but not as bad.

What approach do you suggest?

Just rock up at the local site like and tell them to clean up like?

"Morning old boy. Can you please pick up that mountain of old UPVC window frames, gas bottles and human excrement before you leave?" There's a good chap.

The funny hing is if the council actually allowed them to take the site and settle, particularly near his home, he would be the first to slam them for the decision.

Why would anyone want to put themselves at risk in that way? They've got no interest in change and do themselves absolutely no favours. Just look at the burglar who was killed whilst attempting to rob a pensioner. Look at the behaviour of his community after the incident.

It's not me that is complaining that councils are unwilling to provide them with facilities...

I doubt for a second they'll change. Thanks to social media and the proliferate number of scratter TV programmes like "Big Fat Gyppo Wedding", they think their lifestyle is now ACCEPTABLE, purely because it has a medium through which we can learn about their way of living and their way of thinking.

Like Farage, but not as bad.
Gypsy*

The funny hing is if the council actually allowed them to take the site and settle, particularly near his home, he would be the first to slam them for the decision.
Me? I’d love backhouse to be turned into a site.
When the family used to go behind jets id take my son down and get him on the horses, take a food package and a bottle of vodka for the gaffa Glenn, Stood me in good stead.

Last edited:
Gypsy*

Me? I’d love backhouse to be turned into a site.
When the family used to go behind jets id take my son down and get him on the horses, take a food package and a bottle of vodka for the gaffa Glenn, Stood me in good stead.

Areet then let's put them in your backyard.

WHAT A LAUGH
You go on about them not having amenities, do they pay council tax like we do for said amenities?

You go on about them not having amenities, do they pay council tax like we do for said amenities?
Of course they pay. If its on a council site or privately owned. My mother pays hers on her site. Does nobody understand that when travellers are not travelling they live on sites or in houses? And pay council tax, rent, water and bills.
Not getting through the wall of prejudices am I mate?

Of course they pay. If its on a council site or privately owned. My mother pays hers on her site. Does nobody understand that when travellers are not travelling they live on sites or in houses? And pay council tax, rent, water and bills.
Not getting through the wall of prejudices am I mate?
So when they used to turn up at Martinos, they used to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back