Travellers site plans dropped by the council

As I thought.
Haha well away mate. I could quick search that there is three battalions I could tell you the drop zone colours or the two blokes who won a VC at the falklands, or phase one training is at Lichfield or the battalion barracks in catterick is called helles that was over the road to all the crap hats and the order of p company. Or even the all arms p company. Or the order you jump from an Hercules or anything you want. But what battalion were you is a shit question.

Upset? Wow. I don’t really get upset mate.

Being a Country lad mate and growing up all my life in a farming community I can tell you that generally most farmers have a dislike for the travelling community.
From farms in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire and all the farmers I know they have had problems with the travelling community.
Stealing being the main problem.
Before you question prove it. In all cases when caught guess what the Travelling Community we’re guilty.
In rural Worcestershire a few were caught on the hop fields farms and dealt with, just say not going through the Police.
My Mother witnessed a lurcher dog set on fire screaming as it was burned alive.
Sadly not probably good at catching hares. Let me assure you the guilty 3 were not from the normal semi detached working class from the local village.

I know you shouldn’t marginalise but travellers don’t exactly help to improve the general feeling the public have towards them. Maybe I am wrong but from experience I do not trust them.

Haha well away mate. I could quick search that there is three battalions I could tell you the drop zone colours or the two blokes who won a VC at the falklands, or phase one training is at Lichfield or the battalion barracks in catterick is called helles that was over the road to all the crap hats and the order of p company. Or even the all arms p company. Or the order you jump from an Hercules or anything you want. But what battalion were you is a shit question.
Not really as I have done courses and was at ITC( training screw) with loads of Paras.

Depending on your age and how long you served we may have people who we mutually know, who would have thought of looking at it that way eh?

No replies to this anyone?????

What do you want people to say..all the instances that people have put up on here of travellers behaviour..the mess..violence and threats..no matter what anyone says you'll have a smart answer in defence of them..this thread has now gone on for 11 pages and there is example after example of awful traveller behaviour yet you get all defensive all the time.

Haha. Ex para then.

Not really as I have done courses and was at ITC( training screw) with loads of Paras.

Depending on your age and how long you served we may have people who we mutually know, who would have thought of looking at it that way eh?
Joined 95 out 2001. Can’t remember any li tbf. But 94 I joined 7 li through Washington but can’t really remember anyone’s names from there I liked it that much I joined the regular (para)

Hang on, you’re a f***ing pikey?
No I’m not, I’m from a travelling back ground.

Joined 95 out 2001. Can’t remember any li tbf. But 94 I joined 7 li through Washington but can’t really remember anyone’s names from there I liked it that much I joined the regular (para)

No I’m not, I’m from a travelling back ground.
So that explains how you killed so many men, you bare knuckled them to death. Pikey fucker.

I was at ITC as a screw 2004-2006, finally left the army in 2013 as I was too old and pensioned off

Where does your lass go. Wahayyyy
:lol::lol::lol:Touché!

Being a Country lad mate and growing up all my life in a farming community I can tell you that generally most farmers have a dislike for the travelling community.
From farms in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire and all the farmers I know they have had problems with the travelling community.
Stealing being the main problem.
Before you question prove it. In all cases when caught guess what the Travelling Community we’re guilty.
In rural Worcestershire a few were caught on the hop fields farms and dealt with, just say not going through the Police.
My Mother witnessed a lurcher dog set on fire screaming as it was burned alive.
Sadly not probably good at catching hares. Let me assure you the guilty 3 were not from the normal semi detached working class from the local village.

I know you shouldn’t marginalise but travellers don’t exactly help to improve the general feeling the public have towards them. Maybe I am wrong but from experience I do not trust them.
Can we stop with the phrase ‘the travelling community’ and refer to them in the proper term ‘robbing gypsy bastards’ please.

Last edited:
I was at ITC as a screw 2004-2006, finally left the army in 2013 as I was too old and pensioned off
Did you leave from itc or rtu then leave?
I just left itc as the Ghurkas came over and took over the old p company sheds. I was talking to a kid the other day he said they are still in them!!! With rabbits skinned hanging against the back fence.

Did you leave from itc or rtu then leave?
I just left itc as the Ghurkas came over and took over the old p company sheds. I was talking to a kid the other day he said they are still in them!!! With rabbits skinned hanging against the back fence.
I went back to 2LI the end of 2006 and then stayed with the Battalion until I left, we became 3 Rifles in 2007.

I went back to 2LI the end of 2006 and then stayed with the Battalion until I left, we became 3 Rifles in 2007.
Jokes aside mate. It’s a mess and that was the start or it all the regiment getting amalgamated.
I also heard that a para doesnt jump now to save money? How true it is I don’t know.

Jokes aside mate. It’s a mess and that was the start or it all the regiment getting amalgamated.
I also heard that a para doesnt jump now to save money? How true it is I don’t know.
It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to regiments, history just erased to save money. I was at a wedding beginning of the month and caught up with a couple of lads who are still serving and they say it’s absolute shite now.

They get thrashed constantly.

It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to regiments, history just erased to save money. I was at a wedding beginning of the month and caught up with a couple of lads who are still serving and they say it’s absolute shite now.

They get thrashed constantly.
My two cousins were li. David and niel Goldsmith from Hyltoncastle. Bit earlier than my time late 80s early 90s?

Back