Travellers filling up the food banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is a connection. There is an abundance of food but people are hungry when they could be given it. The reason it is not given away (even out of date in the main ) is to maintain its future value as a commodity. Its a commodity currently in abundance by clear demonstration of waste , the suoermarkets invest in choice not need. Let them maintain the choice if they wish but at least give away the cheap end when people are hungry and supply is high

I agree they should outlaw supermarkets binning food.

Still exactly the same principle though. Assuaging guilt for a day while continuing to consume to excess ourselves. The people at the bottom are the losers in the way society is structured and throwing them a few crumbs from the table occasionally might make you feel good but does fuck all to resolve the issues behind poverty and homelessness. By not berating Government or taking direct action we tacitly approve of the system because most of us are winners (relatively) and the price of that is losers.

I include myself in that criticism because I don’t like the system but continue to live within it without really challenging it.
I see where your coming from but to be honest why should we be the ones demonstrating surely it should be the poor themselves? They have freedom of speech, fact is 99% of them love it.
They love having nowt and breeding like rabbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back