Travellers filling up the food banks.

Gift in kind, total value of gift is tax deductible.

The force probably should then you can reinvest it back in to Beat Bobbies.

Why would they? They aren’t contributing anything directly so it is not a gift in kind.

You have had a nightmare, log off, tomorrow is another day.

My mate got dragged into doing the same up here when a Met boss transferred and wanted to do it with about 6 weeks notice

To be fair christmas is never six weeks notice, I can tell you that it will again fall on the 25th December in 2067, obviously if the islamics don’t abolish it before then.

Who was the met boss?

Why would they? They aren’t contributing anything directly so it is not a gift in kind.

You need to learn about charities.

If the Met staff are donating and using the Met facilities to 'drop off' and the Met are coordinating these activities, you should keep a record of the total value and supply it to the charity you're donating toys to.

You can write off the value against your own tax bill. You try and do a good thing. Jeez.

Give in kind - Royal Free Charity

To be fair christmas is never six weeks notice, I can tell you that it will again fall on the 25th December in 2067, obviously if the islamics don’t abolish it before then.

Who was the met boss?

Might have been ashman come to think of it

Who was the met boss?
I dont think the fact it was Christmas was a surprise it was the fact he wanted something done so close.

Google and Chronicle say Neil Hutchinson. Chief Superintendent?
Cops ask for help to give Christmas presents to vulnerable children

If the Met staff are donating and using the Met facilities to 'drop off' and the Met are coordinating these activities, you should keep a record of the total value and supply it to the charity you're donating toys to.

You can write off the value against your own tax bill. You try and do a good thing. Jeez.

The charities don’t get the gifts though, the under privileged children get them.

The people of the family i know are all really nice, was a couple of his cousins in my year at school. Always a few bad ones in any community, but think they sometimes are used to be made an example of.

Think it's his dad and maybe uncle or cousin? Have both been inside for animal cruelty one was running a puppy farm. The lad who started it I thought was alright but he's also been inside for abh too . I never went to school in Bishop so just know them through friends

I can’t really decide whether this is assuaging guilt or a humanitarian gesture. Not you in particular I might add, just the process.

Should we not all be on the streets demanding an end to low pay, homelessness and inequality....or is hoying a tin of stew at the problem and getting back into our nice warm German SUV sufficient.

It's an interesting question. I don't and never will give to food banks.

If there is free food, then people will take it. The only people I would have thought need food banks are people caught in the new universal credit system and are stuck with a few weeks of having nothing.

Everyone else should be covered by the system or personal responsibility.

When I'm retired I might become an advocate for some vulnerable people. (The missus deals with them in her job and I think it could be rewarding)

If people want to donate and want to start these charities and they get something from it then let them get on with it.

It's far from sufficient my friend and I have been looking for a riot since 79 but no one turns out.
In my particular case it was a simple one off response I was eating I thought others should and they can't wait for the riot.
Nothing will really change until people start sacking the supermarkets and taking what they need. I would love to know if there is net cost to this tesco, I suspect not

Another interesting question. Do monolithic capitalist organisations owe society a debt? Their reason for existence is to maximise shareholder wealth not being nice to people.

Victorian businessmen were more philanthropic than the current people at the top of society today. The moral imperative to do good deeds seems to be lacking.

Not sure it's worth hounding @duff_man about this. If it's a regular, organised thing (and it does look like there is a charity partner) then I'm sure someone is already aware of the tax relief process.

Another interesting question. Do monolithic capitalist organisations owe society a debt? Their reason for existence is to maximise shareholder wealth not being nice to people.

Victorian businessmen were more philanthropic than the current people at the top of society today. The moral imperative to do good deeds seems to be lacking.
I would think they see their debt to society being paid by wealth creation for staff and shareholders. My view is food like water, power and health are human rights and should be exempt from the capitalist imperitive. Certainly when that imperitive clearly isn't working in the grand scheme where people are hungry and they command the food. A direct adjustment is due

I would think they see their debt to society being paid by wealth creation for staff and shareholders. My view is food like water, power and health are human rights and should be exempt from the capitalist imperitive. Certainly when that imperitive clearly isn't working in the grand scheme where people are hungry and they command the food

The capitalist imperative is working very well on the producing of food front. The supermarkets are groaning with food and no one needs to go hungry.

Not sure it's worth hounding @duff_man about this. If it's a regular, organised thing (and it does look like there is a charity partner) then I'm sure someone is already aware of the tax relief process.

In fairness, I was only taking the piss to begin with.

But then he just can't help himself but have a pop - and then embarrass himself, hence he's gone to ground.

Turns out the toy drive is aligned to at least one charity I can see - possibly two.

Turns out they are keeping a record of how much each gift is worth.

Turns out a charity does receive and distribute the toys - not the rozzers nipping round the hospital and giving them all out by themselves.

And to think, he had the nerve to tell me to log off and try again tomorrow.

So in summary, if the Met don't put a note in their accounts about this then they should.

Definitely an initiative that individuals should be proud to be part of. Also a nice tax reduction somewhere for somebody along the line.

I'll await my apology.

Back