Transforming Sunderland's Fortunes

At what point do we start getting alarmed. What's your future predictions? Because before it was opened the councils were astounding.

How long. What's your predictions. Just so I can write them in my book

I know enough about technology to know that four year old technology is way out of date. So unless they plough a load of money into it again for upgrades no one will ever go there.

Of course technology evolves. It has done since man invented the wheel. It's nee good wetting your pants after just four years.

https://www.ippr.org/research/publications/state-of-the-north-2017

This report states Sunderland had the highest number of tech start-ups in Britain.

What was that about software city being a waste?
Old news mate. We new this over a year ago.

The software centre facts up to date.
45% occupied
Cost SC 1 million. (After a million euro funding which has ended this year)
Is gonna lose more money at the end of this tax year.
These are facts not made up. These facts are from Paul Watson himself.
The software centre is full of SC employees.
As it's been said we are top of the software business/techno start ups in Britain for two years.

So these losses are even worse. There is no scope for improvement.

Last edited:

45% occupied
As it's been said we are top of the software business/techno start ups in Britain for two years.

You should contact the council and ask them what their plans are for SC in the future, like how ong they'r prepared to underwrite losses etc.

As someone else has said, a few companies have gone/may go onto better things and then we'll get a return on the outlay. Obviously added value doesn't show on the accounts for SC but shouldn't be ignored.

You should contact the council and ask them what their plans are for SC in the future, like how ong they'r prepared to underwrite losses etc.

As someone else has said, a few companies have gone/may go onto better things and then we'll get a return on the outlay. Obviously added value doesn't show on the accounts for SC but shouldn't be ignored.
It was making more as a car park. Same as vaux. It'll never make more for the council than it is now.

45% occupied

You list a load of facts, then hoy in a made up one

You're looking at it as an accountant, not on auditor (I'm both btw). Can I borrow your crystal ball?
Haha away paddy mate. We know the sr6 lads and lasses can't count.
Crystal ball? Is that a new one that looks the past?

so 55% of the current occupants are council staff?
care to back it up. The likelyhood is there'll be the centre's manager & maybe 1 or 2 others
2 mins I'll find the article

care to back it up. The likelyhood is there'll be the centre's manager & maybe 1 or 2 others
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...million-pound-project-boost-wearside-12716010

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I think that is talking about office space within the city in general & not that specific building.
Two minutes pal just need to run outside and laugh!!!!! Don't won't to wake the grand bairn. Away mate away. I'm on a bullshit weekend to hone my online persona. Are you.?? Wow!!!!!! The article is about the software centre Paul is talking about the software centre. The other councillor is talking about the software centre. You sound more like len than me!!!

Two minutes pal just need to run outside and laugh!!!!! Don't won't to wake the grand bairn. Away mate away. I'm on a bullshit weekend to hone my online persona. Are you.?? Wow!!!!!! The article is about the software centre Paul is talking about the software centre. The other councillor is talking about the software centre. You sound more like len than me!!!

Its a comment after its talking about evolve at rainton and incubator hubs in general. And just mentions 'office space' in quite general terms. Its ambiguous. I dont think there are any council services based at the software centre. The only one that was, im aware of was the events company.

Its a comment after its talking about evolve at rainton and incubator hubs in general. Its ambiguous. I dont think there are any council services based at the software centre. The only one that was, im aware of was the events company.
Ok ok mate. Let's say your right. Ok?
What your saying is 55% of the available office space in Sunderland is took up by Sunderland council. So Sunderland council employ 55% of the office staff in Sunderland? Am lost mate. He's saying it will work eventually like the one at raintin meadows but is admitting it's empty. And the council have moved offices in there. Away now ya having a nightmare. I knew you would pull the article to bits but not in this way.

Its great to see the city centre increasing its office accommodation. The city centre economy needs to diversify and the city needs to compete with other regional centres for this commerce. Strangely this strategy has vocal critics but every other town and city has speculated on new office accommodation and has reaped the rewards. Maybe people have a negative view of Sunderland since its been an outlier and never pursued this strategy. When the numerous Brownfield sites hold office and residential accommodation the negative perception of Sunderland will change. Its right to build accommodation and follow up with attracting companies.

Its great to see the city centre increasing its office accommodation. The city centre economy needs to diversify and the city needs to compete with other regional centres for this commerce. Strangely this strategy has vocal critics but every other town and city has speculated on new office accommodation and has reaped the rewards. Maybe people have a negative view of Sunderland since its been an outlier and never pursued this strategy. When the numerous Brownfield sites hold office and residential accommodation the negative perception of Sunderland will change. Its right to build accommodation and follow up with attracting companies.
So every other town and city build offices? So what's gonna make all the businesses that don't exist in today's current economic situation come to Sunderland. When myself, Paul Watson and the Tory councillor for Sunderland are telling you the most up to date software building in the country and it's top of the it tech league for attracting new it companies is not even half full? And cost Sunderland tax payers £250,000 per annum? A reasonable explanation will do pal.

Back