Tranmere allocation

Spoke with my Tranmere mate and he said there is good relationship with SAFC. Some of ours used to go to their away games apparently. No trouble if you go in the home end he reckons, but don't be silly ofcourse.

Maybe 1500 sold out and they've added the next 500, with 500 more after that being a possibilty

I know. I go regularly to watch TRFC and sit in the home end. I remember in the 95-96 season (this game - Sunderland AFC - Statistics, History and Records - from TheStatCat) they gave us three ends! And there were even people in the main stand (I was). I also recall an old guy I worked with saying to someone what does FTM mean on the back of your shirt :) Then over the road to see mags lose the league and people on the pool table singing "Who's the Champions now, Scum!, Who's the Champions now..." Happy Days.

I just ordered the three I needed online, now its gone to general sale.
For anyone heading down and doesn't want to brave Birkenhead (the Wetherspoons are on a par with Shields) then head to Oxton. There is a lovely bar called The Shrew (Shrewsbury Arms pub in Oxton) and another called Oxton Bar and Grill (Oxton Bar & Kitchen | OBK | Cocktails and Food). If you are lucky you can get parked up in the village (Oxton) then wander to the Queens Arms (Queens Arms, Oxton) then down the hill to The Half Way House (Halfway House Hotel | Pubs in Birkenhead) then you are basically at the ground. There is a pub yards away from the away end called the Prenton Park, but it gets rammed. There is a chippy around the corner from the Prenton Park pub.

Journey wise I would avoid going through Liverpool as due to recent road works (they took the massive flyovers down) the the bit from the M62, to Edge Lane and down to the Birkenhead tunnel has become a disaster. Plus its 50MPH on a big stretch of the M62 from Warrington to Liverpool. Instead do M62/M6/M56/M53, come off at Junction 4 (B5151) and head to the ground from there. You will drive past the Half Way House mentioned above or if you want to get parked up near the ground (and not go to the pubs above), hang a left on any of the roads on left Burrell Road/Acrefield Road/Prospect Road. The streets on the right are largely residents only.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time do we reckon I'd have to leave from Sunderland to get there in decent time? Unsure on what traffic I'd hit like

I know. I go regularly to watch TRFC and sit in the home end. I remember in the 95-96 season (this game - Sunderland AFC - Statistics, History and Records - from TheStatCat) they gave us three ends! And there were even people in the main stand (I was). I also recall an old guy I worked with saying to someone what does FTM mean on the back of your shirt :) Then over the road to see mags lose the league and people on the pool table singing "Who's the Champions now, Scum!, Who's the Champions now..." Happy Days.

I just ordered the three I needed online, now its gone to general sale.
For anyone heading down and doesn't want to brave Birkenhead (the Wetherspoons are on a par with Shields) then head to Oxton. There is a lovely bar called The Shrew (Shrewsbury Arms pub in Oxton) and another called Oxton Bar and Grill (Oxton Bar & Kitchen | OBK | Cocktails and Food). If you are lucky you can get parked up in the village (Oxton) then wander to the Queens Arms (Queens Arms, Oxton) then down the hill to The Half Way House (Halfway House Hotel | Pubs in Birkenhead) then you are basically at the ground. There is a pub yards away from the away end called the Prenton Park, but it gets rammed. There is a chippy around the corner from the Prenton Park pub.

Journey wise I would avoid going through Liverpool as due to recent road works (they took the massive flyovers down) the the bit from the M62, to Edge Lane and down to the Birkenhead tunnel has become a disaster. Plus its 50MPH on a big stretch of the M62 from Warrington to Liverpool. Instead do M62/M6/M56/M53, come off at Junction 4 (B5151) and head to the ground from there. You will drive past the Half Way House mentioned above or if you want to get parked up near the ground (and not go to the pubs above), hang a left on any of the roads on left Burrell Road/Acrefield Road/Prospect Road. The streets on the right are largely residents only.
The day the Mags finally released their temporary grip on the league title was a day to remember.
All kinds of fancy dress in the Halfway House and in the ground, and the roar that went up, as Aldridge was about to take a penalty was legendary.
We stayed over for the night, near to the ground, though a few of the locals weren't too happy to share their pubs with us, and told a bouncer we'd be stabbed or slashed if we stayed put, so we jumped in a taxi to New Brighton, which is just up the road, and had a cracking night in a pub there.

Was there for the Friday night game, when it was absolutely rammed in the away end.
People were sitting and standing in the gangways because there was no spare seats.
We must've had at least 8,000 there that night.

I was there too, when Aldridge played an extra man, in the FA Cup match.
The match should've been replayed or Tranmere kicked out of the competition, but they got away with cheating.

There’s 3 of us from Sunderland working in Liverpool, but only have enough work left to last us until Tuesday afternoon (when we plan to start boozing) so Watford best get a winner!

Back