Trai Hume

Saved more than gave away.
I’m not sure that’s a very good barometer tbf
Spot on. He's only just turned 22 and attempting to nail an extremely complex role in the side. The mental side of the game he's being asked to play and the concentration required must be a mare for someone of his limited experience. We've seen how good he can be when playing a more limited traditional game during his time when he was overlapping to support Amad and Roberts. Currently he's learning how to prosper moving from wide to centrally and back again when in transition. He's also proven he can make a fist of playing in a three at the back when called upon. Not bad for a kid who was playing at a much lower level not too long ago. He's slowly bridging what's a massive gap quite well IMO.
That’s copied and pasted :lol:

Last edited:

Likes the odd bombscare decision from what (admittedly little) I've seen but his overall game is good. I think that he's doing a decent job of fitting in to the side under tough circumstances.

If he can get on top of those rash moments he'll do very well indeed, IMO.

He's another that overall is decent at this level but if any scouts from league above have been watching him closely with a view to buying , I think they would have doubts.

Hes been great at this level

Said before have a sneaking suspicion he won't be a PL fullback as he doesn't have the top end pace. Will likely move inside to CB/DM

We were told with Pembele to be patient and let him recover and ease back to fitness, starting to see that with him now, think he may have the higher ceiling at fullback

Good player. Overhyped last season by some who had him down as the next John Stones. Resilient, fearless, never misses a game but also rash and sometimes loses concentration. As things stand he’s a good championship player.

Got Beale the sack 😎
This ^^^

Aside from this highlight of the season, be gutted if he leaves, proper old school defender, just about biggest cheers at the sol are for his sliding tackles. Bar iffy patches this season hes been absolute class. If we loose Clarke and maybe Patto (please not Jarradonna 🙏 ), that should be 30+ mill in the bank, then I’d being doing my damnedest to keep him for another year.

Thought he was MOM last night all the threat was from Leeds down the left and he had two of them at times. Pembele did his bit as well to support.

I like him

He’s good for us and will hopefully get better

But he needs to stop wildly sliding in and getting bypassed like a child defending

I like him

He’s good for us and will hopefully get better

But he needs to stop wildly sliding in and getting bypassed like a child defending

100% this. Great to watch the big tackles but take them away he’s a bit of a liability at times, dives in and prone to the odd shocking pass across the back line.

Decent player but miles away from the Premier League, I’d be very surprised if anyone is looking at him as per some posts on this thread.

There was one last night think it was first half when he dived in totally unnecessary and got skinned. In the premier league against a top 10 side that is likely to be a goal conceded

Big fan of Hume and I think he'll go onto have a canny career in the Prem (hopefully with us). Reminds of me of a Seamus Coleman type player.

He's not a step up on Bardsley at all yet mind as he hasn't played at the top level. Bardo was a top servant for us.
I well remember all the posters in here who used to say that Bardsley would "never be a PL footballer", yet he made about 300 Premier League appearances :)
We can't sell everyone and that's Clarke Patto, Neil , Rigg and Ballard and now Hume all away this window if this board is correct . We will be able to buy the best fecking hand driers in the country and then there will be some posters on here who will have some back tracking to do :lol:
Nobody backtracks, they just hope everyone forgets and then start again with the same made-up bollocks 🤣

Last edited:

Back