Trai Hume

Motm tonight for me. Not sure why people thought he was poor. Maybe he did have 1 or 2 bad passes, but he was also the most accurate player in the team with his passing. He might have dived in once, but he also helped nullify the most dangerous player in the league all game.

He's an excellent player.

Spot on. He's only just turned 22 and attempting to nail an extremely complex role in the side. The mental side of the game he's being asked to play and the concentration required must be a mare for someone of his limited experience. We've seen how good he can be when playing a more limited traditional game during his time when he was overlapping to support Amad and Roberts. Currently he's learning how to prosper moving from wide to centrally and back again when in transition. He's also proven he can make a fist of playing in a three at the back when called upon. Not bad for a kid who was playing at a much lower level not too long ago. He's slowly bridging what's a massive gap quite well IMO.

Hopefully Trai makes the step up to Bardsley's level. In which case we'll have a solid lower premier league full back

Big fan of Hume and I think he'll go onto have a canny career in the Prem (hopefully with us). Reminds of me of a Seamus Coleman type player.

He's not a step up on Bardsley at all yet mind as he hasn't played at the top level. Bardo was a top servant for us.

Let's see if he has a decade as a first choice full back in the premier league. Not saying he couldn't go on to be better than Bardsley but we have only seen him in league one and the championship so far.

Kept one of the best player in the league very quiet.

Really like him, still leaning. Can see why other clubs are looking at him.

This, he has made mistakes throughout the season but this is what, his second full season in professional football? He isn't going to be cafu's dopplegaanger in that time. To answer the op's question on bardsley, he is probably not a step up yet but I think the potential is there.

He will be gone in the summer as our out lay on him was pretty low. He will command a big fee compared to the outlay
We can't sell everyone and that's Clarke Patto, Neil , Rigg and Ballard and now Hume all away this window if this board is correct . We will be able to buy the best fecking hand driers in the country and then there will be some posters on here who will have some back tracking to do :lol:

Good game but that pass across the middle of the pitch to nobody was a shocker.

He's not the only one mind. Last season we seemed to be so comfortable making short passes under pressure. But it's every game now that these passes are getting cut out straight away.

Back