Trai Hume appreciation thread!

He might now Beale has gone and whoever is in front of Hume will be near the touch line as opposed to in midfield
No convinced that was Beale's fault, but maybe.

The number of times we pass it into touch, or play stray passes inside, is a joke to be honest. And the thing is, we're such a good side usually with the ball. Our numbers are good. We're typically a possession based team. But in those few instances we do play a stray ball, it's often a costly one.

You can't say that with the amount of games left and only 4 points off them. You could the way it was going with Beale but an uplift in mood and performance and it's easily done. It's an outside chance but it's the same team that got us in the play off positions before Beale came (And Mowbrays mini slump at the end)
We play Leicester at home, and leeds, Ipswich, Norwich and Southampton away.

You can't say that with the amount of games left and only 4 points off them. You could the way it was going with Beale but an uplift in mood and performance and it's easily done. It's an outside chance but it's the same team that got us in the play off positions before Beale came (And Mowbrays mini slump at the end)
They are gone like. We've got to go to Elland Road, St Mary's and The Hawthorns and get something. Three points at this stage from those games wouldn't be enough. We've also got Leicester coming. Carrow Road as well and I think they've found form again. That's five hard games that.

It'll be a miracle if we dee owt at this stage. Lost far too many games.

They are gone like. We've got to go to Elland Road, St Mary's and The Hawthorns and get something. Three points at this stage from those games wouldn't be enough. We've also got Leicester coming. Carrow Road as well and I think they've found form again. That's five hard games that.

It'll be a miracle if we dee owt at this stage. Lost far too many games.
We've got absolutely no chance . People who think we have need serious help 😆

Not quite the same team though , did we have Amad ( I might be wrong like ), we now don’t have Roberts for the foreseeable as well.

No convinced that was Beale's fault, but maybe.

The number of times we pass it into touch, or play stray passes inside, is a joke to be honest. And the thing is, we're such a good side usually with the ball. Our numbers are good. We're typically a possession based team. But in those few instances we do play a stray ball, it's often a costly one.
I just trying it’s far harder for a fullback to find feet when the winger is playing narrowly and even when you do, they take it into traffic.

We've got absolutely no chance . People who think we have need serious help 😆
Everyone said the same under some of our survival runs under Poyet and Big Sam. It certainly won't be easier and it's against the odds but other clubs are dropping points to other teams . Everyone can beat most others in this league. I know i'm trying to be as positive as possible, but to me that's how I see it until it's mathematically impossible. The bounce could return now Beale is gone. I'm hoping

Everyone said the same under some of our survival runs under Poyet and Big Sam. It certainly won't be easier and it's against the odds but other clubs are dropping points to other teams . Everyone can beat most others in this league. I know i'm trying to be as positive as possible, but to me that's how I see it until it's mathematically impossible. The bounce could return now Beale is gone. I'm hoping
Difference was we had some seasoned pros about. The kids we have now cant be expected to have the constant mentality to see it out . They'll impress and fuck up turn about and we would need a run . Just settle on improvement and you'll be far happier

We can't score but our defence has been suspect for a while.

We've lost games to some really shit teams.

Even just a few more draws not conceding stupid goals would have gone a long way
Would have and if we'd had those points id have had some hopes of clinging on to play off , but we havent and we'll do the same things in the run in .

Difference was we had some seasoned pros about. The kids we have now cant be expected to have the constant mentality to see it out . They'll impress and fuck up turn about and we would need a run . Just settle on improvement and you'll be far happier
You are probably totally correct and can't argue with some of the replies, but I'm just praying this puts a spring back in our play and in the dressing room. I'd say after the last game we were totally doomed. Now we have a glimmer of hope.
Not quite the same team though , did we have Amad ( I might be wrong like ), we now don’t have Roberts for the foreseeable as well.
True but other teams like Cov don't have the likes of Gykerous (Or whatever he is called) The teams outside the top 4 are very inconsistent as well

Last edited:
I really think this was the tipping point for Beale the more I think about it. At the 1st time of seeing it I was thinking maybe he didn't see him, but the more I watched it back the the more I winced at it. That wouldn't have gone down well in the dressing room and with Beale travelling home to Scotland on his own, and the players all on the coach together with the coaching staff (Not Beales men so nothing to worry about words getting back to him)

Beale , KLD and Speakman will have known there and then and I'm just glad it was dealt with quickly. Dodds seems to have the backing of the players so it's a decent enough shout after the cock up of Beale. Mistakes will happen along the route but some things need addressing seriously and unless dealt with IE The striker situation, then we won't move on. I have my doubts via the play offs this season although the Beale sacking means there could be a possibility if tactics and the players mood changes for the better. Reality is next season will probably be an easier chance of going up than this season with the teams that could be coming down, but saying that we will probably lose Clarke so it's a massive recruitment test this summer.
The coach trip back North must have been like Mr Christian and the crew of The Bounty 😊

You are probably totally correct and can't argue with some of the replies, but I'm just praying this puts a spring back in our play and in the dressing room. I'd say after the last game we were totally doomed. Now we have a glimmer of hope.

True but other teams like Cov don't have the likes of Gykerous (Or whatever he is called) The teams outside the top 4 are very inconsistent as well
Im hoping for the spring too, i think we'll get it and be far more optimistic about the future . It just wont be enough week in week out to get over the playoff line

Back