Trai Hume appreciation thread!

must have been the straw that broke the camels back.

mind, he was set up to fail and the idea not to buy a proven goal scorer was just silly and unforgivable , who ever made the decision.

Do we think that this will give Hume the confidence that he knows and the club have his back after the sacking of Beale? Hopefully he can take his game to the next level and kick on even more.

must have been the straw that broke the camels back.

mind, he was set up to fail and the idea not to buy a proven goal scorer was just silly and unforgivable , who ever made the decision.
I think the players / coaches didn't like him.
His record was similar to the last 12 games before he came - wouldn't suprise me if that bit in bold is true

I heard that he ignored staff at the training ground including the women’s team.

A while ago I was looking at his Instagram and there is a pic of his daughter with a football boot in a sports shop. The captain said something like “no way, gymnastics and ballet for you!”

So we can add sexism to the list of reasons to hate him.

But back to Hume, hope the fans show their appreciation for him on Saturday.

Last edited:
I really think this was the tipping point for Beale the more I think about it. At the 1st time of seeing it I was thinking maybe he didn't see him, but the more I watched it back the the more I winced at it. That wouldn't have gone down well in the dressing room and with Beale travelling home to Scotland on his own, and the players all on the coach together with the coaching staff (Not Beales men so nothing to worry about words getting back to him)

Beale , KLD and Speakman will have known there and then and I'm just glad it was dealt with quickly. Dodds seems to have the backing of the players so it's a decent enough shout after the cock up of Beale. Mistakes will happen along the route but some things need addressing seriously and unless dealt with IE The striker situation, then we won't move on. I have my doubts via the play offs this season although the Beale sacking means there could be a possibility if tactics and the players mood changes for the better. Reality is next season will probably be an easier chance of going up than this season with the teams that could be coming down, but saying that we will probably lose Clarke so it's a massive recruitment test this summer.

He was poor for the first 10 mins then became one of our better players against Birmingham.
I like Trai Hume a lot. I think he's been very good for us. And his numbers back that up. It was interesting to learn he must have played despite carrying a knock on Saturday, which probably explains one or two things.

There have been some lapses of late though. Some poor balls and bad decision making. He's not the only one, but if Trai makes a mistake, it often leaves us hopelessly exposed. We desperately need to cut out the mistakes. That was the key to Alex Neil's success here. We stopped doing stupid things.

I really think this was the tipping point for Beale the more I think about it. At the 1st time of seeing it I was thinking maybe he didn't see him, but the more I watched it back the the more I winced at it. That wouldn't have gone down well in the dressing room and with Beale travelling home to Scotland on his own, and the players all on the coach together with the coaching staff (Not Beales men so nothing to worry about words getting back to him)

Beale , KLD and Speakman will have known there and then and I'm just glad it was dealt with quickly. Dodds seems to have the backing of the players so it's a decent enough shout after the cock up of Beale. Mistakes will happen along the route but some things need addressing seriously and unless dealt with IE The striker situation, then we won't move on. I have my doubts via the play offs this season although the Beale sacking means there could be a possibility if tactics and the players mood changes for the better. Reality is next season will probably be an easier chance of going up than this season with the teams that could be coming down, but saying that we will probably lose Clarke so it's a massive recruitment test this summer.
Playoffs are gone. We need to win at least 10 games imo. Last season was an anomaly with the low amount of points required

Playoffs are gone. We need to win at least 10 games imo. Last season was an anomaly with the low amount of points required
You can't say that with the amount of games left and only 4 points off them. You could the way it was going with Beale but an uplift in mood and performance and it's easily done. It's an outside chance but it's the same team that got us in the play off positions before Beale came (And Mowbrays mini slump at the end)

Back