Traffic Camera Outside Deaf Club/Dundas Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

Went through the lights on amber heading towards the bridge on my way home a little while ago yet thought I saw evidence of a flash in my rearview mirror. I'm almost certain I didn't do anything wrong and could well have been imagining the flash but I am, thanks to my worret nature, feeling a little anxious. Does it monitor the opposite side of the road (the camera would have been facing me in this instance) or has it caught someone going the opposite way and that's what I saw? I await the usual responses, but any useful information would be appreciated.

If you crossed the line with amber lights they shouldn’t go off. Some monitor speed and the lights though so maybe you sped through on amber.

Unless I'm mistaken traffic cameras photograph the front of the offending vehicle so the driver is in the photograph.

By that reasoning, you're in the clear. Rest your sphincter.

Unless I'm mistaken traffic cameras photograph the front of the offending vehicle so the driver is in the photograph.

By that reasoning, you're in the clear. Rest your sphincter.
I was heading towards the camera but on the opposite side of the road. :lol: You know, I'm certain it was on amber but seeing something that could have been a flash in my mirror has got me worried. I'm 99% certain I did nothing wrong, but you always doubt yourself in these situations, don't you? Kind of like when you drive past a police car. :lol:
If you crossed the line with amber lights they shouldn’t go off. Some monitor speed and the lights though so maybe you sped through on amber.
Even on the opposite side of the road? There are no line markings on the road surface on either side and I'm a careful driver who adheres to speed limits anyway. Anyone know if that particular camera records speed too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that one only get you going northbound? Only a Truvelo speed camera and average speed cameras get the front of you.

It wasn’t me but I have LED headlights in one of the cars. If I see someone carefully going past a speed camera I give them 2 quick flashes. They’re really bright and don’t take any time to go off like a halogen bulb.

I was heading towards the camera but on the opposite side of the road. :lol: You know, I'm certain it was on amber but seeing something that could have been a flash in my mirror has got me worried. I'm 99% certain I did nothing wrong, but you always doubt yourself in these situations, don't you? Kind of like when you drive past a police car. :lol:

Even on the opposite side of the road? There are no line markings on the road surface on either side and I'm a careful driver who adheres to speed limits anyway. Anyone know if that particular camera records speed too?
If you were driving towards the camera and you saw the flash in your mirror, would that not suggest that you were past the camera by the time it flashed?

Does that one only get you going northbound? Only a Truvelo speed camera and average speed cameras get the front of you.

It wasn’t me but I have LED headlights in one of the cars. If I see someone carefully going past a speed camera I give them 2 quick flashes. They’re really bright and don’t take any time to go off like a halogen bulb.
It's on that side of the road so, for the sake of my sanity, I hope it is so. I don't think it's a Truvelo as it would mean it would only catch people in the single lane on the opposite side which was bus only until fairly recently. Hate it when stuff like this happens as, even though I'm almost entirely sure I've done nothing wrong, I can't help but worry and doubt myself. :lol:
If you were driving towards the camera and you saw the flash in your mirror, would that not suggest that you were past the camera by the time it flashed?
I'd imagine so. I thought I saw a white flash illuminating the things I could see in my mirror. The camera is a fair distance before the lights on the northbound side though so it could have caught my front number plate, I guess. The flash might well have been natural light or a fleeting shadow but I always gravitate towards worst case scenario. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never known anyone get done by that camera..i regularly speed past there..go through on amber..etc...carry on offending..be ok.

Got done for the 4th time in my 41 year last week, bastards! :lol:

Few hundred yards from our house.

(Road from hart to coast road, beware).

Went through the lights on amber heading towards the bridge on my way home a little while ago yet thought I saw evidence of a flash in my rearview mirror. I'm almost certain I didn't do anything wrong and could well have been imagining the flash but I am, thanks to my worret nature, feeling a little anxious. Does it monitor the opposite side of the road (the camera would have been facing me in this instance) or has it caught someone going the opposite way and that's what I saw? I await the usual responses, but any useful information would be appreciated.
You’ll be fine, it only gets u coming from bridge....I think

Ull be fine only works northbound
No mate. They've just just changed it to one one of those brand new UV flashes. It flashes in your face and turns your face red 3-5 days later for identification. He can expect a knock on the door from the rozzers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back