Touring caravans

On a straight where I can see it’s safe for whoever is following to overtake I usually indicate left and left off a little. Obviously whoever is follow can’t see through the caravan so giving them some help is usually appreciated.
Actually anth it’s nothing to do with those towing a caravans Marra, i never have an issue with them as like you i find they are usually polite and accommodating. As was said earlier in the thread it’s the 7 cars behind that refuse to overtake when it’s perfectly safe to do so, gets to a situation where to take that lot over you’d need a straight clear road a mile long which are rare or be driving something like @Gillythedilf owns.

Oh and for those about to launch i don’t drive a bmw an audi or a merc and would not partake in dangerous / reckless overtaking manoeuvres 🤣.

Whenever I've tried they have been full including a full waiting list. It's not a big place. Try Andersons at Peterlee, that's where mine is, it's huge.
Ah really, i was thinking about buying a caravan, and was hoping that might be an option as its fairly local. Peterlee bit too far. There any others local to Sunderland?

Ah really, i was thinking about buying a caravan, and was hoping that might be an option as its fairly local. Peterlee bit too far. There any others local to Sunderland?

There might be some in Washington, but mine has been in Andersons for years so I have't rang for availability for awhile. At one point I had it stored in a place at Hebburn, until the guy who owned it said he was going to prison for growing weed in one of the caravans he stored there. For us we tend to go south, so calling in Peterlee on route to hitch up is quite easy since it's straight onto the A19 and going across to the A1 isn't difficult.

There might be some in Washington, but mine has been in Andersons for years so I have't rang for availability for awhile. At one point I had it stored in a place at Hebburn, until the guy who owned it said he was going to prison for growing weed in one of the caravans he stored there. For us we tend to go south, so calling in Peterlee on route to hitch up is quite easy since it's straight onto the A19 and going across to the A1 isn't difficult.
Cheers I'll have a look, I think we'd be going north more often than not.

Had caravan before found it a ball ache with pregnant Mrs a one year old and a dog. Sold it after 6 months.

Think it'd be OK now as we've got a better towing vehicle. Whats the market like at the minute for them?

Cheers I'll have a look, I think we'd be going north more often than not.

Had caravan before found it a ball ache with pregnant Mrs a one year old and a dog. Sold it after 6 months.

Think it'd be OK now as we've got a better towing vehicle. Whats the market like at the minute for them?

Spring is always when the market gets busier and prices go up. Obviously people want to buy them for the start of the year. So it might be slightly cheaper to look now, but at the same time people hang on to them to get top dollar in the spring so they maybe less choice. You've got to think how often you would go to the caravan while in storage to whether it's actually that important being close, for us we pack our suitcases and a cool bag then head off. We grab the caravan on route then go to where we are going so less towing for us is actually a good thing.

Did anyone say it isn't possible to get holiday homes that take dogs like?
OP did say he can't get in holiday cottages in fairness.
Some will most won't. And of course vast majority who do won't want large or dangerous breeds. But that last part will be the same on most camp sites too.

OP did say he can't get in holiday cottages in fairness.
Some will most won't. And of course vast majority who do won't want large or dangerous breeds. But that last part will be the same on most camp sites too.
Oh aye, fair enough.

I've never known touring caravan sites restrict breeds or numbers of dogs, but then again I've only got one Jack Russell.

I did store one at Burrells (I think) near Peterlee. That was £450 a year in 2017 so it will have increased somewhat I reckon. But is a Cassoa gold site. I did get sick of having to travel to the storage to collect it. Even if I was travelling south. Got a MH now and can park that at home. I'd probably not bother if I couldn't.

I had heard of caravans being stolen/broken into at the one near the dog track. Can't recall who told me now.

Back