Tour de France 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to the pub and just watched the highlights....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Find it hilarious that for years you condescendingly dismissed anyone who suggested Team Sky/INEOS wasn't 100 % clean and now you are giving it large as soon as INEOS aren't winning. Such a hyproctite. You always claim not to be an Brailsford Fan Boy but you are the definition of one.

Find it hilarious that for years you condescendingly dismissed anyone who suggested Team Sky/INEOS wasn't 100 % clean and now you are giving it large as soon as INEOS aren't winning. Such a hyproctite. You always claim not to be an Brailsford Fan Boy but you are the definition of one.

I'm far from a Braisford fan, in fact I find him incredibly annoying. How do I fit the definition of a "Braislford fan boy" then ?
Did Sky bend rules with the Wiggins TUE ? Undoubtedly in my opinion.
Didn't want Bernal to win, as stated previously I would have loved Pinot to win.

But apart from all that your post is superb :lol:

what's your previous log in name btw ?

Last edited:
I'm far from a Braisford fan, in fact I find him incredibly annoying. How do I fit the definition of a "Braislford fan boy" then ?
Did Sky bend rules with the Wiggins TUE ? Undoubtedly in my opinion.
Didn't want Bernal to win, as stated previously I would have loved Pinot to win.

But apart from all that your post is superb :lol:

what's your previous log in name btw ?
Sky and Wiggins may have bent a rule or two or entered into a grey area but they were not cheating on the industrial scale that some of the more established continental teams were. Also in the wake of Armstrong and to a lesser extent Bertie's dodgy beef i think organisers and testers were more on the ball than it looks like they have been this year.
It was telling in the years immediately after those scandals the climbing times went up significantly.

what was the ketones row? im aware of ketones from a diabetics point of view and it isn't good for those patients - what are cyclists doing there?

So at the beginning of the year Jumbo Visma were named as a team giving their riders Ketones because if you combine it with a low carb diet it helps in recovery, reducing lactic acid and gives a boost in performance. A couple of other teams have been suspected of using them too, but because it's classed as a dietary supplement it's not on any of the banned lists.

This tour was always going to be an odd one due to the lack of racing at the beginning of the year but something isn't sitting right with how this is turning out, it could just be that they're hitting their peak now having had 2 weeks racing plus whatever races they did once it's resumed. But blowing previous times out the water definitely gives off a "tour of renewal" vibe.

I am a day behind, but Jumbo Visma are looking incredibly strong! Roglic looks insane and there is only pogacja can catch him now.
Is anyone else reminded of US postal watchong Jumbo Visma on that last climb?

Last edited:
I am a day behind, but Jumbo Visma are looking incredibly strong! Roglic looks insane and there is only pogacja can catch him now.
Is anyone else reminded of US postal watchong Jumbo Visma on that last climb?

Undoubtedly.....Van Aert is a exceptional rider but not a chance he's shredding the likes of Bernal Quintana and several other top climbers without major illegal assistance.

Undoubtedly.....Van Aert is a exceptional rider but not a chance he's shredding the likes of Bernal Quintana and several other top climbers without major illegal assistance.
Shame if true because I love him as a rider, but it does have echoes of George hincappie.

It is a great watch though, and JV are dominating in a similar way to sky.

surprised at that, that he's going back to ineos as i presume 'a grunt' and that he didnt link up again with Froome...

Ineos needed some older heads who are happy to do the leg work and can still probably blow most teams out of the water with money they can offer.

A few teams probably going to fold after this season, CCC sprandi are leaving so unless another sponsorship is found thats a pretty big team going so most of the well funded teams will just wait till closer to end of season and try and pick up riders cheaper. Can imagine ISN trying to get younger riders so when Froome does pack in its bit an entire bew team needed aswell.

Egan Bernal is giving me Alberto Contador post doping ban vibes.

Just seems dead on his feet to me, hoping its just a bug and he is thinking lose time today hopefully be 20 minutes down and he can go for a stage either tomorrow or Thursday, before Sundays stage tomorrows stage looked perfect for him so be might just ve thinking lose enough time so he can get a ticket into the break tomorrow.

Or he could go full Froome and the giro and take back 25 minutes tomorrow 😂.

surprised at that, that he's going back to ineos as i presume 'a grunt' and that he didnt link up again with Froome...
Super domestic. He'll be their second rider so a bit more than a grunt. Brailsford loves him as well so he will be allowed to lead in some competitions.
Just seems dead on his feet to me, hoping its just a bug and he is thinking lose time today hopefully be 20 minutes down and he can go for a stage either tomorrow or Thursday, before Sundays stage tomorrows stage looked perfect for him so be might just ve thinking lose enough time so he can get a ticket into the break tomorrow.

Or he could go full Froome and the giro and take back 25 minutes tomorrow 😂.
Full Landis :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back