Total Sport

Net spend. Net spend. Net spend

Here's how net spend is a load of shite.

They signed Ki on a free last season. Let's say he picked up 3m signing on fee and 50k a week wages.

That's around 2.5m in wages a year.

Let's say after this season they sell Ki for 8m. The Geordies will be saying we made 8m profit on Ki when in fact no you actually made a small loss as he cost more than the club recieved.

Makes a mockery of the net spend argument.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve listened to that. (Obviously a bit difficult in a different time zone), but I think I’ll tune in again for the next few days just to listen to the continuous meltdown.
And it goes without saying, everyone listens for the Holy Island crossing times too.

They signed Ki on a free last season. Let's say he picked up 3m signing on fee and 50k a week wages.

Let's say after this season they sell Ki for 8m. The Geordies will be saying we made 8m profit on Ki when in fact no you actually made a small loss as he cost more than the club recieved.

what about the player they will have to buy and pay wages to to replace Ki ?

Tbf, no player is going to play for free.

Martin Smith
Someone keep marco on holiday

Back