Total Sport

Some Sunderland fan on now praising Fatty Bruce now saying Sunderland supporters got him the sack at the SOL.
A real cheery soul.
People are trying to re-write history with Bruce.
Since he started doing ok for the skunks, loads of fans on radio and social media waxing lyrical about his time here.
He was on his 3rd bad losing run when he was sacked, and Imo had lost the plot, and deserved to be sacked.... as did all the managers after him.

Since he started doing ok for the skunks, loads of fans on radio and social media waxing lyrical about his time here.
He was on his 3rd bad losing run when he was sacked, and Imo had lost the plot, and deserved to be sacked.... as did all the managers after him.

Exactly that was an horrendous run and I thought the fans were patient with him considering how dire we were.

Someone needs to tell him he done a worse job than the man he replaced.
Someone needs to tell him thanks for getting the players fit after the mess the old manager had left. And signing the likes of Bailey Wright who had us playing well in this league, and looking like we'd at least make the play offs.

He won three home games in 11& 1/2 months, that is why he was sacked

No manager in modern history has inherited our club in a better position. Couple of seasons in the PL, a committed billionaire owner with a big chequebook, a small core of decent, proven players and a fair few saleable assets.

What do we have to show for it? A couple of out of the blue good performances against the big boys, a few shite derby day performances and one pretty uninspiring tenth place finish.

Bruce can fuck off. We'll never get an opportunity like that again. That people still defend him genuinely staggers me.

No manager in modern history has inherited our club in a better position. Couple of seasons in the PL, a committed billionaire owner with a big chequebook, a small core of decent, proven players and a fair few saleable assets.

What do we have to show for it? A couple of out of the blue good performances against the big boys, a few shite derby day performances and one pretty uninspiring tenth place finish.

Bruce can fuck off. We'll never get an opportunity like that again. That people still defend him genuinely staggers me.

This. It's as near as we've ever been in competing with any premier league club outside of the top 5 or 6. While I don't blame him for everything that's happened since then, every manager that followed him seemed to be a bit hamstrung in terms of available funds by the shit players he brought onto the wage bill.

This. It's as near as we've ever been in competing with any premier league club outside of the top 5 or 6. While I don't blame him for everything that's happened since then, every manager that followed him seemed to be a bit hamstrung in terms of available funds by the shit players he brought onto the wage bill.
It could have been due to sell your top players that he couldn't handle and bringing in journeymen players that he could.. That is when it started to go wrong...

Back