Torquay United.

Rodney Jack was good on the old championship managers if you were in the lower leagues, that's as far as my Torquay knowledge goes. Hopefully the OP has a good day there over the weekend.

Akinfenwa was a decent young player for them.
We were about to sign him and he failed his medical.

Ended up at Swansea. The rest is history.

They do, but at times like this, they do pull together mate.
When Exeter were going down the crapper, Plymouth fans were extremely supportive mate. They had collection buckets at Home Park to try and raise money for them.
More than anything, the Devon thing kicks in.
The people here are massively proud of their county, and The Westcountry as a whole.
Aye I enjoyed my time living in Torquay.

A cracking football club too, hopefully they can come through this crisis and come back stronger 👍

Going to go and watch them tomorrow.

They are in deep shit. Just gone in to administration, docked 10 points, and their fans group has sent out an SOS for help. Plymouth and Exeter supporters groups have got behind it, and are asking for all football fans, regardless of affiliation to help them.
No top flight or Champ games tomorrow, so gannin to the seaside for the afternoon.

Should be a canny afternoon.

Smashing little club is Torquay. 🙂
Not being funny GW, but southwest football is like pissing in the wind! Truro now playing home games 175 miles away at Gloucester, 13 games in 26 days most at "home", come on it is ridiculous!!!

They are in deep shit. Just gone in to administration, docked 10 points, and their fans group has sent out an SOS for help. Plymouth and Exeter supporters groups have got behind it, and are asking for all football fans, regardless of affiliation to help them.
No top flight or Champ games tomorrow, so gannin to the seaside for the afternoon.

Sad to hear that. Way back in late 60’s, when I was a kid, Plainmoor was the first ‘away’ ground that I went to. My dad took me to see their game v Tranmere when we were on a family holiday in Torbay.
It was a Friday night because they always had their home games on a Friday during the holiday season and I remember Torquay won 1-0.
Still have canny thoughts for them to this day.
Hope things turn around for them.

Last edited:
Not being funny GW, but southwest football is like pissing in the wind! Truro now playing home games 175 miles away at Gloucester, 13 games in 26 days most at "home", come on it is ridiculous!!!
With all due respect mate, wtf has Truro got to do with this?

We're talking about football fans rallying round an ailing club, and trying to help.

You want to get smart, and start hoying negativity at it, you crack on marra.

Aye it is marra.
Local knowledge, don't start your journey to the ground from the Marina.🤣🤣🤣

They do, but at times like this, they do pull together mate.
When Exeter were going down the crapper, Plymouth fans were extremely supportive mate. They had collection buckets at Home Park to try and raise money for them.
More than anything, the Devon thing kicks in.
The people here are massively proud of their county, and The Westcountry as a whole.
Let’s face it’d be a long journey to their nearest game for whoever’s left if the other two go down the pan.

Tidied mate. 😁

Grockles extended to be used in Devon. The Pasty Munchers still give it the Emmets.
They get well pissed off when Swindon sing about the West Country. They have to be reminded that we are the gateway and the front gate at that.😂
They have to pass through us to get to them.😂

Good folk, no wonder you like it down there.
The pace of life like a Tractor in the fast lane and a lovely place.
My Mate is coming up from IvyBridge in a few weeks. He is like Dell Boy, originates from Shepherds Bush.

Looks a great location, wonder why they are so shit?

With all due respect mate, wtf has Truro got to do with this?

We're talking about football fans rallying round an ailing club, and trying to help.

You want to get smart, and start hoying negativity at it, you crack on marra.
I wasn't being "smart" as you put it, but when a team has to play home games 175 miles away from their own town & that other team is playing in a Northern league it is about time that leagues start looking at themselves!

I wasn't being "smart" as you put it, but when a team has to play home games 175 miles away from their own town & that other team is playing in a Northern league it is about time that leagues start looking at themselves!
What has that got to do with Torquay going in to administration man?
no offence but they need to be run properly
Very true, but that's not the fans fault marra.
Grockles extended to be used in Devon. The Pasty Munchers still give it the Emmets.
They get well pissed off when Swindon sing about the West Country. They have to be reminded that we are the gateway and the front gate at that.😂
They have to pass through us to get to them.😂

Good folk, no wonder you like it down there.
The pace of life like a Tractor in the fast lane and a lovely place.
My Mate is coming up from IvyBridge in a few weeks. He is like Dell Boy, originates from Shepherds Bush.
My Mrs lived in Wilts and then Somerset for a while, and holidaymakers were called Emmets there.
In Devon we get Grockles, and pretty sure that's what the Cornish call em too.

I class Wilts and South Gloucestershire as the West Country mate.

Last edited:

Played on their pitch when I played academy stuff as a teenager. Sad to see the state they’re in

Back