Torquay United.

Georgewhitt

Midfield
Going to go and watch them tomorrow.

They are in deep shit. Just gone in to administration, docked 10 points, and their fans group has sent out an SOS for help. Plymouth and Exeter supporters groups have got behind it, and are asking for all football fans, regardless of affiliation to help them.
No top flight or Champ games tomorrow, so gannin to the seaside for the afternoon.

Should be a canny afternoon.

Smashing little club is Torquay. 🙂

They are in deep shit. Just gone in to administration, docked 10 points, and their fans group has sent out an SOS for help. Plymouth and Exeter supporters groups have got behind it, and are asking for all football fans, regardless of affiliation to help them.
No top flight or Champ games tomorrow, so gannin to the seaside for the afternoon.

Nice one matey. Hope the football supporters in the locality rally round and that there's a bumper crowd to cheer them on.

Great to hear, rivalries aside we are all the same and it would be awful to see a club of Torquay's history disappear. Look forward to reading about your experiences tomorrow.
Worked in Torquay for about 5 years backalong, and used to go to a few games then.
Got to know some of the then management and ownership through work.
Really friendly little club.
Be a shame to see them disappear.

Rodney Jack was good on the old championship managers if you were in the lower leagues, that's as far as my Torquay knowledge goes. Hopefully the OP has a good day there over the weekend.
Arnly about 45 minutes for me from home marra, so hardly a huge sacrifice, but worth doing I think.

Went about 25 years ago. Its a cracking ground, quite an uphill walk from what I remember from the marina
Aye it is marra.
Local knowledge, don't start your journey to the ground from the Marina.🤣🤣🤣
Went about 25 years ago. Its a cracking ground, quite an uphill walk from what I remember from the marina

I'm surprised about that as Exeter and Plymouth hate each other
They do, but at times like this, they do pull together mate.
When Exeter were going down the crapper, Plymouth fans were extremely supportive mate. They had collection buckets at Home Park to try and raise money for them.
More than anything, the Devon thing kicks in.
The people here are massively proud of their county, and The Westcountry as a whole.

Last edited:

Torquay indoor bowling club is under the main stand. Great place

Worked in Torquay for about 5 years backalong, and used to go to a few games then.
Got to know some of the then management and ownership through work.
Really friendly little club.
Be a shame to see them disappear.
Wonder if that Paul Bastard (yes, it’s his real name) still rocks up all the way from Manchester?
He’s the dude that turns up with all the Torquay gear on

Many happy memories watching them at Plainmoor.
Real desperate times. As you said a smashing Club.

Back