Torn calf muscle

Status
Not open for further replies.

box2box

Striker
Manage to pull/ strain / tear my calf muscle while playing football a couple of days ago, still cannot walk without a limp, although getting a little better. How long before the calf heals ?

There’s a few different degrees of tear. I did mine badly last year - you can usually tell if it’s a bad one by how much blood the swelling pushes into your foot. Mine was purple for about a fortnight, then took another 4 weeks or so before I could walk without a limp.

Manage to pull/ strain / tear my calf muscle while playing football a couple of days ago, still cannot walk without a limp, although getting a little better. How long before the calf heals ?

Fucked mine earlier this year playing badminton...felt like someone had whacked the back of my leg with a bat. The bruising was all over...right down to my foot.
Took about 6/7 weeks to fully heal...

Fucked mine earlier this year playing badminton...felt like someone had whacked the back of my leg with a bat. The bruising was all over...right down to my foot.
Took about 6/7 weeks to fully heal...
Mine was about the same but I have to say even with a bit physio it was a good bit longer before I could run without getting a twinge in it.

2 months i reckon , first week do absolutely nowt, 2nd week get a sports massage on it and gentle exercises

2 months i reckon , first week do absolutely nowt, 2nd week get a sports massage on it and gentle exercises
I think it was about 2 months for me. Except at the end of the first week I did the great north run. It hurt!

Torn calf muscle and you wouldn't be walking at all.

Stop being a soft cock and jump about on it.

No pain now, although it's healed it feels tight/brittle as if it will go again. Having a go with a calf roller, any hints how to get it back to normal ? Cheers

No pain now, although it's healed it feels tight/brittle as if it will go again. Having a go with a calf roller, any hints how to get it back to normal ? Cheers
Bit late now, but you should have gone to physio. The muscle will repair itself overtime, but not fully and the scar will still be there. Massage, heat lamps and gentle stretching during recovery help it to heal better

About half an hour after you see the physio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back