Top 6 just about sorted

We'll finish in the top 6, maybe even 2nd.
Im guessing your taking the piss ?or your an idiot? we have 48 points to play for yet and we ar 18 points off getting a top two slot ...it would be the biggest upset in years if we managed to get a top two slot southampton,leeds ,ipswich would have to lose six games and we would have to win six games more than them to have any chance... and then beat their results for the last ten games.

Im guessing your taking the piss ?or your an idiot? we have 48 points to play for yet and we ar 18 points off getting a top two slot ...it would be the biggest upset in years if we managed to get a top two slot southampton,leeds ,ipswich would have to lose six games and we would have to win six games more than them to have any chance... and then beat their results for the last ten games.
We will end up mid table.

We will end up mid table.
There are lot of inconsistent teams between 5th and 10th and not a lot of points difference so whilst i think you may be right (because of beale and poor recruitment for the right places.. we've bought because they were available cheap not for the needs of the present team)it still up in the air for me I wouldnt right of boro or hull or coventry but im hoping the run in pressure might give us a chance to sneak in. We should know better come end of february!

Unfortunately can't see us getting top 6, not having a profligate goalscorer will be our undoing.. cheers goes to the owner again. I really hope I'm wrong like
Prolific even lol

There are lot of inconsistent teams between 5th and 10th and not a lot of points difference so whilst i think you may be right (because of beale and poor recruitment for the right places.. we've bought because they were available cheap not for the needs of the present team)it still up in the air for me I wouldnt right of boro or hull or coventry but im hoping the run in pressure might give us a chance to sneak in. We should know better come end of february!
It’s that tight isn’t it

What a sad state of affairs that the 3 parachute payment clubs are likely to be the 3 well clear come the end of the season. It’s nowhere near a level playing field and is only getting worse with each season.
Think I read somewhere that the 6 automatic promotion teams over the last three seasons were all receiving parachute payments. This season is about to keep that run going.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is... its possible?

Welcome aboard.

Probably the best 6 sidesin the league there now
Time will tell, but there is a long way to go and a lot can happen. It was later in the season last year and some were giving eulogies. There could always be another run to push us back into contention. Keep the faith. We have good players. It can happen.

I can see us having a very good push for 6th or even 5th.

Although I'm sure supporters of half a dozen clubs are saying the same..
Me too but I'm always glass half full.

We have experience of getting there from last season.

Kept our best players in Jan. Roberts returning.

Actually starting strikers now, Rusyn looking great, starting to find him better and he's scoring.

Left back looking sorted with the Norske lad in/Styles/Mundle likely coming into the team to allow midfielders to be rested and changed depending on opposition.

Apart from the glaringly obvious issue that shall not be mentioned things are shaping up decent for the run in I reckon.

The parachute payments were diverted to the owners to pay for the club.

That's true, nothing is guaranteed, but had that parachute money gone into building the team rather than going to the owners we would have had a great chance of going straight back up.
Not don't know the % of the parachute went on building the teams at Saints, Leeds and Leicester to be honest but.
It has been happening for quite some time now and a fair few teams have made it to the Prem for the first time without having the parachute and a few with it have gone further down league!

Back