Top 100 Sunderland goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll throw in Barry Venison's 25 yard winner into the top corner past Joe Corrigan in the 2-3 win at Maine Road. Venison's debut.

The Edwards goal is a beauty - for the break as much as the finish.

I've got a vague memory of SKP scoring a goal that I believe was against QPR during the promotion season. Corner from the left and he sprinted into the box and caught it on the volley without breaking his striide - outside of the boot into the corner of the goal. Does such a goal actually exist and if so was it as good as I remember? Or was it a shinner that bobbled through the keepers hands?

The Edwards goal is a beauty - for the break as much as the finish.

I've got a vague memory of SKP scoring a goal that I believe was against QPR during the promotion season. Corner from the left and he sprinted into the box and caught it on the volley without breaking his striide - outside of the boot into the corner of the goal. Does such a goal actually exist and if so was it as good as I remember? Or was it a shinner that bobbled through the keepers hands?

First goal back after his toe injury if I remember rightly...

he hit it on the bounce. A volley is hitting it without bouncing.

This information was free of charge.
I watched it back a few years later. I would've sworn blind he hit it with hus left, wstch it back and it's on his right!
Memory is a strange thing.

Also i was late in that day. I put money on quinn to score first and us to win 4.0 quinn scored before i entered the ground and we were 4.0 up before half time. What a second half! Until our current manager ruined the day for me.

John Hawley v Arsenal (Pat Jennings Arsenal goalkeeper)

Struck it from what seemed like the halfway line (probably closer but still a canny distance) and it flew into the net in the Roker End :)
Has to be this one?

Sorry lads, couldn't resist.........it's actually this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back