Tommy - The Who

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember in the early 80's, BBC broadcast the film on TV and at the same time the soundtrack on radio. We always went over to my uncle's house on a Sunday, but he had a shite stereo at the time so we loaded our stereo (which was bloody good at the time) into the car and set it up. Thought it was utterly amazing at the time to watch the film on telly and listen to it simultaneously in perfect stereo!

I find Tommy patchy and I'm not sure if I could listen to it all in one go, with or without the assistance of Bailey's coffee. Some of the live shows from the time sound dynamite, though, and I wish I'd seen one of them.

For those old enough to remember, the two LPs were sold separately - God knows who thought that was a good idea.

Have loved Tommy since the start. I was at the Bay Hotel in ???1968/9 when The Who did the second ever run through of the opera..Have thought it superb ever since. Can't think of a track I don't like.

Have just checked...April 1969.

It's not that good TBH and I'm a big fan, it does have some stand out tracks like Pinball Wizard, Sally Simpson and We're not Gonna Take It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back