Tommy - The Who

Status
Not open for further replies.

heston

Striker
Got the album on now with a nice glass of Baileys coffee. Superb stuff, "Go to the Mirror" is my favourite song.

Any fans on here? Film is shite mind.

Got the album on now with a nice glass of Baileys coffee. Superb stuff, "Go to the Mirror" is my favourite song.

Any fans on here? Film is shite mind.
Arnly a Baileys coffee drinking hom would think the film was shite--reported ya to the Black Angels!

Went to see the stage play last Saturday, was good. Album's not as good as Quadrophenia by a long way.

Shame Townshend never got round to putting the songs from Who's Next into a rock opera, that would have been superb.

Went to see the stage play last Saturday, was good. Album's not as good as Quadrophenia by a long way.

Shame Townshend never got round to putting the songs from Who's Next into a rock opera, that would have been superb.

Quadrophenia strays too far into Heavy/Proggy type areas for me. Still some great songs on it.

Where was that?

Ken Russel man and Oliver Reed!
'If you could see these silken thighs'
Was working over the Lakes the year before they filmed it and they used the Motel I was at the year before for a film for wardrobe. " Mahler lives" also directed by KR and starring Robert Powell and Georgina Hale--they were great crack after hours and would get all the staff a drink in. Used to spend hours watching GH practising dance routines in restaurant when it was closed in a leotard :D:oops::lol: Gutted that it was a dress rehearsal as routines were nude in film:evil:
They did go back to the spot a couple of times while filming Tommy I was told by some pals who still worked there

Was working over the Lakes the year before they filmed it and they used the Motel I was at the year before for a film for wardrobe. " Mahler lives" also directed by KR and starring Robert Powell and Georgina Hale--they were great crack after hours and would get all the staff a drink in. Used to spend hours watching GH practising dance routines in restaurant when it was closed in a leotard :D:oops::lol: Gutted that it was a dress rehearsal as routines were nude in film:evil:
They did go back to the spot a couple of times while filming Tommy I was told by some pals who still worked there
Well jell mate!
Georgina Hale! Oooooommmmmmgggggg!

Well jell mate!
Georgina Hale! Oooooommmmmmgggggg!
better in the flesh than on film I tell ya! They were good crack and KR and RP never failed to get a round in for staff who were there after time. TBF we always gave them whatever they asked for whenever. As you are probably aware they filmed the Tommy boathouse scene on Derwentwater and the Black Angels stuff (Dick`s reflected sunglasses scene a particular fav of mine!) so gutted to miss them when they were in the year after for Tommy

Reactions: dom
better in the flesh than on film I tell ya! They were good crack and KR and RP never failed to get a round in for staff who were there after time. TBF we always gave them whatever they asked for whenever. As you are probably aware they filmed the Tommy boathouse scene on Derwentwater and the Black Angels stuff (Dick`s reflected sunglasses scene a particular fav of mine!) so gutted to miss them when they were in the year after for Tommy
Marvellous mate what a memory to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back