Tommy Robson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's captain of our u23's. He's got decent quality, very quick as well. It will be a good test for him physically.

I'd rather has him out on loan now to be tested against real men. It also frees up a place, in the u23s, for Denver Hume who is decent.
Great name! Hope he turns out to be a star for us :p

No he was superb. McClean was also superb in this league so please don't be quick to say found his level. He looks like he'll excel at this level and gain a lot of physicality
Think what you want, I've seen him at youth level up to now. To be honest he struggled against any stand out player in his peer group and would get ripped to pieces at a decent level. Poor ball control, wayward passing and distribution and weak, but if fitness is a quality you want then maybe he has a chance where he is now.

Robson was decent last night, wouldn't say he was particularly standout but he showed good defensive instincts. I think once he settles down, he'll do well at this level. Whether he'll make it in the Premiership, I don't know.

As far as I'm aware he played centre back in our most recent win. A 0-1 victory against Bray, a quite attacking side. @Fireball07 did you catch the game?

Not sure wether he will be a success here or what but I do know that I have seen worse full backs at this club and certainly seen worse full backs playing in the championship. Hope he gains valuable experience on loan and who knows what will happen next season.

Should the worst happen this year i don't see why he can't be a squad player next year. Decent enough cover for Oviedo (assuming he stays) imo.

As far as I'm aware he played centre back in our most recent win. A 0-1 victory against Bray, a quite attacking side. @Fireball07 did you catch the game?

Wasn't up in Bray but as far as I'm aware he was left-back.

Got hauled off last night at half-time. A little bit harsh, although he was at fault for the second goal. Van Aanholt-esque lack of concentration saw him let the ball go out for a corner and Corkman sneaked at the back post to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back