Tommy Robson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plenty of clubs wanting to take him but sunderland wouldnt sort any of the 23s until first team were sorted.by the time they looked at the 23s clubs had other players in.

Good signing for Limerick. They could be dark horses this season.

How much is he going to learn in the Craggy Island league? He should be going out on loan to a Football League club.
He'll learn more at Limerick than at Newport or Hartlepool. The League of Ireland would be on par with the bottom have of League 1 or the SFPL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dsb
He's captain of our u23's. He's got decent quality, very quick as well. It will be a good test for him physically.

I'd rather has him out on loan now to be tested against real men. It also frees up a place, in the u23s, for Denver Hume who is decent.

Denny won't make it sadly my good friend

It's a two way street though. Other clubs need to want the lads and they have to want the move as well.
Definitely interest in him as far back as two year ago. Someone at the club was making decisions which suggested u21 football was better for them. Playing proper football has got to be better than the u21s/23s

And my local club... I thought I was the only one.

He was good against Watford last season, and I thought he was very good in the few U-23s matches that I have seen. Should be guaranteed a start with Limerick, at the start of the season anyway. I expect him to do well.

Ogbene is 33/1 to be top scorer, tempted.

I'm assuming that's the end of his career here if Limerick is the best he can do.

Decent enough but positional sense and strength not good enough for top level what I've seen.

Didn't someone say the other day 'emergency' loans over here have been scrapped, hence why our kids are going out to Ireland, Norway etc on loan for games against seniors?

Don't think it's the best he can do, its the fact that many clubs simply cannot afford to take on our players given the wages, loan fees, insurance etc.

Didn't someone say the other day 'emergency' loans over here have been scrapped, hence why our kids are going out to Ireland, Norway etc on loan for games against seniors?

Don't think it's the best he can do, its the fact that many clubs simply cannot afford to take on our players given the wages, loan fees, insurance etc.
Its down to sunderland not wanting to let better players to go.they want a good 23 side.beadling begged to go.ledger has had to fight to go and robson has been knocked back since the beginning of the season. Kids are standing still because of it.its a knock on effect. Players behind these that should be on loan cant get game time.

There may be something in that, but I suspect the fact he didn't even make the bench despite him being our senior left full back for a short period (before Oviedo was ready) tells its own story too.

I like the kid but it's becoming apparent his future lies elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back