Tommy Lynn - RIP

The first I ever remember of Tom was seeing his letters in the Northern echo down here in Darlo and then in the fanzines/programme and thinking this bloke is SAFC mad, he always keeps cropping up. Then getting to put a face to the name in the 90's. I only met him once but a very big loss and a very loved bloke going off the comments.

Reading the footie Echo when I was younger, I used to think the letters section must be a bunch of old blokes writing in, with nothing better to do. I was shocked when I first met Tom in the early 90's to find out that he was the same age as me! I never got to know him closely, but from time to time I spent 10 or 15 minute in his company talking football and music and he was such a lovely and funny bloke that always made time for a chat. A true Sunderland supporting legend as we all know, and he will be greatly missed.
RIP

RIP Tommy. Didn't know him well but met him a couple of time on away trips - I worked with a lad called Dave Vincent who was close to him IIRC. Tommy seemed incredibly knowledgeable and a top bloke. What a shame.
I didn't know Tom Lynn but Dave taught me at college many years ago, needed some help with a Sunderland-related project and he put me in touch with Tommy to help. Seemed very knowledgeable and always enjoyed reading his Always remembered that and thought of him when I heard about Tommy. Didn't know Tom as I say but he was highly respected and seemed very knowledgeable, always looked forward to his articles/blogs in ALS and TWR. RIP

Just logged in to my daily fix of RTG over here and I’m absolutely devastated at the sad news, iv know Tom for 30 odd years and can’t take it in. He was a fantastic person great to be with and very intelligent especially in Sunderland matters. My thoughts are with his Family and close friends condolences. RIP Tom

Back