Tom Lockyer

Do players have insurance that covers loss
Of earnings for stuff like this ?

Would imagine both club and player are insured. Club will cover asset value for remainder of contract plus any liability costs I'd assume. By liability I mean dying under their medical staff care.

I'm pretty sure he'll get a decent old sum if he does call it a day. Which he really should.

In hospital undergoing further tests. Hopefully all will be okay but that has to be the end of his career.
Sadly I think so,and looking at his character I think someone will have to make the decision for him because he looks the never quit sort from his style of play.
That is of course unless he can receive a similar set up to erikksen but I have no idea if that’s plausible or even a similar never mind the same condition

Sadly I think so,and looking at his character I think someone will have to make the decision for him because he looks the never quit sort from his style of play.
That is of course unless he can receive a similar set up to erikksen but I have no idea if that’s plausible or even a similar never mind the same condition
You would think his family would say enough is enough. For it to happen once was awful. To happen again today was horrendous. Third time he may not be kucky enough to come through it.

If he doesn't listen to the cardiologists, I suspect he'll have to listen to his wife.

.. I was flicking through the channels and they switched from a player going down to the crowd. Didn't catch what happened, but the crowd had heads in hands and hands over mouths etc. Could tell something serious had happened as you could see the shock. Good to see the fella was responsive when they got him in the tunnel. Hope he get through this..
This is what I don’t understand, if he simply collapsed and was motionless, would it have had that sort of reaction?

Bizarre that he was able to continue playing on after the playoff final.

IIRC they didn’t get to the bottom of the issue at the time.

It sounds like he has Atrial Fibrillation, something i have, it is to do with "the electrics" in the heart and my experience over the last coupe of years with it there's just no rhyme or reason to it, his heart could start hammering at any time with being an athlete, he's been very brave to try and continue to play, all the best to him hope he's okay.

TL wears the badge for his club
Hated him playing against us
But by god , I wish him all the best in his recovery
Go well Tom
Thanks, that's a lovely comment. I get why he's not particularly liked on this board but if he played for Sunderland, you would absolutely love him.

Funnily enough, I had a pint with his dad at halftime in our league fixture at your place back in March. Absolutely lovely bloke from the West Country. Told me that his mum hates his 'shithousery' and bollocks him after every game.

His dad hit the nail on the head though. Talent wise he is average, Div One at best. His sheer will to win though has got him playing at a far higher level than he should be at.

Outside of football he is always the first to volunteer for any charity type events.

He is an absolute top bloke who sadly will never play football again.

For all the Sunderland fans who gave posted about him, it is hugely appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks, that's a lovely comment. I get why he's not particularly liked on this board but if he played for Sunderland, you would absolutely love him.

Funnily enough, I had a pint with his dad at halftime in our league fixture at your place back in March. Absolutely lovely bloke from the West Country. Told me that his mum hates his 'shithousery' and bollocks him after every game.

His dad hit the nail on the head though. Talent wise he is average, Div One at best. His sheer will to win though has got him playing at a far higher level than he should be at.

Outside of football he is always the first to volunteer for any charity type events.

He is an absolute top bloke who sadly will never play football again.

For all the Sunderland fans who gave posted about him, it is hugely appreciated.

Thank you.

Will Luton find a back room job for him?

Back