To that Oxford fan that posts on here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
And? Be professional and beat them but the OP is a bit embarrassing really. The post not the poster.

May not have the numbers as Newcastle v Sunderland but I can assure you the hatred and passion runs deep. Some of ours though put the Shit heads at number one, the West regions, which I don’t get.

Surya you have a unanimous hatred of one team more?

The plastics are like Boro to you.
The Gas and Swindon used to have some mutual respect until some of their lot decided to baseball some women, kids and Dads in a pub garden. That was horrific.
you can only beat what’s in front of you man

Absolutely spot on.
This game could be a pivotal one come the run in. Awful conditions, not a classic but 3 points coming back home.

Last edited:
But Swindon people are true Wiltshire folk. Moonrakers. Much nicer than the pretentious twats in Oxford.

I love the real Town’s and City’s you travel to watching football.
Swindon has a railway heritage that forms its rich history. The terraced houses remain as a reminder of the thousands of people that once built the wonderful steam engines. My Dad’s first job a fireman on the GWR.
Equally taking the great City of Sunderland “where they used to build the boats” as that lovely song opened the Netflix documentary. Heavy Engineering and mining representing the City and no doubt the family history of many on here.

Yes it’s a shit hole, but it’s our shit hole with the best football club in the Country in my biased opinion.

you can only beat what’s in front of you man
Haway man look at the OP. That was reserved for giant killing acts from when Norway beat England. A wins a win but we should be expecting to beat these clubs given our resources.
Since when were we too big to enjoy an away win?
We aren’t but it’s hardly cause for the one hell of a beating crack. We scraped a win man.

I am sure the 1,800 hardy souls that spent a great deal of hard earned cash today won’t give a flying fuck what you think tonight.
A win in lottery conditions will give that warm feeling inside way into the night.
And I don’t give a fuck that they don’t care what I think either.
Hardly end of the world.

I love the real Town’s and City’s you travel to watching football.
Swindon has a railway heritage that forms its rich history. The terraced houses remain as a reminder of the thousands of people that once built the wonderful steam engines. My Dad’s first job a fireman on the GWR.
Equally taking the great City of Sunderland “where they used to build the boats” as that lovely song opened the Netflix documentary. Heavy Engineering and mining representing the City and no doubt the family history of many on here.

Yes it’s a shit hole, but it’s our shit hole with the best football club in the Country in my biased opinion.
Many decades ago I lived for 6 years just south of Bath in The Limpley Stoke Valley, I adored the people and the place. I was starved of football so visited Southampton, Bristol (both clubs), Cardiff, Swindon, Oxford, Reading . . . just to see a game. Swindon made me feel comfortable. There was a similarity in attitudes and behaviour. At the match and in the town.

Swindon is not and was not a shithole. It was and remains a town that earns its living by hard work, not pimping on London money and advantage like Oxford (I hated Bath too for the same reason). I liked it and am sure that I would now.

Carry on being biased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back