To Catch a Copper Channel 4

sima-hebburn

Striker
i'll have to watch this

Documentary following Avon and Somerset Police's Professional Standards department as they work to bring corrupt officers to justice. The first episode focuses on officers accused of seriously mistreating or sexually exploiting people in their hour of need

The police chief says the cases detailed in the documentary are "the exception and not the rule" but it is important to be transparent

Police say the three-part series is a "ground-breaking documentary following the vital and challenging work of the officers and staff who investigate their colleagues" - but bosses want to be upfront about the "upsetting and distressing" cases of misconduct it follows.

"We knew that taking part in this documentary would be a controversial decision. Public institutions can be reluctant to open themselves up to this level of scrutiny, but people will see that we're facing into the issues, however uncomfortable, which I hope will help to improve trust and confidence in our ability to police by consent."

The chief constable admitted that "some of these cases are upsetting and appalling and we wish they had never happened".

"It's hard enough catching criminals, but coppers? God give me strength."

It's too hard to catch coppers (harder than criminals) so why bother ?

I'm unable to clean alternative meanings from your vague posts

Aside from a repeated religious tone
I didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble!

Most of the cops in these fly on the wall type shows usually react like that Inspector just suggested…are you ok ? What’s happening here etc.

Not these first ones :rolleyes:

Back