TMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love TMS and have no problem with Alison Mitchell or Ebony whatshername.

My one complaint would be some of the trivia and banter goes on too long, and you could be tuned in for about five minutes before you get the score, which is a real pain in the arse when you're driving.
Spot on. Sometimes not heard the score for most of a 30 minute journey home from work.

The thing is SKY care about cricket and the BBC couldn't give a monkey's. There's nothing to stop the BBC bidding for some cricket in the future, put it on BBC4 or even BBC2. Anything England do is mentioned as an afterthought on the news.

The thing is SKY care about cricket and the BBC couldn't give a monkey's. There's nothing to stop the BBC bidding for some cricket in the future, put it on BBC4 or even BBC2. Anything England do is mentioned as an afterthought on the news.

Have you seen the BBC's budgets? Well done to Sky for giving them the footage for their site though, works really well.

Used to love TMS but they can't compete with David Lloyd and Michael Atherton on SKY. As with most sports, all the best people are not on BBC. Would only contemplate listening to TMS when Botham is rambling on SKY.

Rameez Raja is a dick. Tries to hard. Dont know why they use him all the time when there are far superior Pak commentators.

Eh?! How are they supposed to bid against sky?

The BBC can't compete with sky money, they would be lucky to get the highlights with all the budget cuts.

Unfortunately I can't see live cricket ever being shown in terrestrial tv again

TMS everytime. I can't abide David "Bantersaurous" Lloyd, or Bob Willis' grumpy twat act, or Botham blurting out whatever thoughts cross his tiny mind at any given second, or Michael Vaughan pushing whatever message his management company need publicising this week. And Shame Warne is a gonk.

:lol::lol:

Not sure if serious.

BBC have live Women's football and the crap darts that no-one watches. Wouldn't hurt to stick a bit of county cricket on BBC4 every now and again. Split the bidding process between International and Domestic cricket. Big Bash? IPL? Loads of other channels show cricket, not just SKY.

BBC have live Women's football and the crap darts that no-one watches. Wouldn't hurt to stick a bit of county cricket on BBC4 every now and again. Split the bidding process between International and Domestic cricket. Big Bash? IPL? Loads of other channels show cricket, not just SKY.

Don't think it would hurt to show a bit of County Cricket on BBC4 like. Sits doing nowt all day anyway and cricket is a broadcasters dream taking up most of the day without having to worry about any other scheduling.

Darts has gone as well by the way. January was the last one and BT took it I think. Definitely not on normal telly anymore anyway.

At least the Boat Race still has to be free to air eh?

They've lost the BDO to BT Sport and women's football would be basically free I'm sure. Blame Giles Clarke for not giving any of the rights to the main four channels, not the BBC.

Some of the new T20 should be on terrestrial from 2018 by the sounds of it.

Sky paid £280m for the last four year deal for domestic cricket, that's absolutely miles out of reach for the Beeb. BT have paid a fortune to be the Aussie's overseas broadcast partner from next year, and the other T20 deals are negotiated globally. It's simply not going to happen, especially now as the BBC are slashing budgets everywhere.

They've given the darts away as a cost cutting measure (they've also sold the rest of the F1 deal, and half of the Six Nations), and the Women's football comes under the crown jewels agreement, but is pretty much free anyway.

How come terrestrial cricket is on Channel 5 and not the Beeb. The Beeb cannot be a rival to BT Sport or Sky but what about C5? I presume C5 paid for the rights was that out of the Beeb's league and why would the Beeb be better than C5 anyway.

How come terrestrial cricket is on Channel 5 and not the Beeb. The Beeb cannot be a rival to BT Sport or Sky but what about C5? I presume C5 paid for the rights was that out of the Beeb's league and why would the Beeb be better than C5 anyway.

The BBC shouldn't be using their budget to outbid a FTA rival IMO. They're better doing what they do and using the cash to provide county commentaries. The county stuff isnt commercially viable and if the BBC didn't do it no one would.

The BBC shouldn't be using their budget to outbid a FTA rival IMO. They're better doing what they do and using the cash to provide county commentaries. The county stuff isnt commercially viable and if the BBC didn't do it no one would.
But the BBC does that all the time in the entertainment field, they buy progammes in - in competition with other broadcasters. There's no novel principle here.

I didn't explain it well but we complain about cricket not being on terrestrial TV, but it is it's just not on the BBC.

As for County Cricket I think there's scope for a clips programme being on local TV. I'd expect the cost for rights would be small and the main cost would be in producing it - I'd think.

Don't think it would hurt to show a bit of County Cricket on BBC4 like. Sits doing nowt all day anyway and cricket is a broadcasters dream taking up most of the day without having to worry about any other scheduling.

Darts has gone as well by the way. January was the last one and BT took it I think. Definitely not on normal telly anymore anyway.

At least the Boat Race still has to be free to air eh?

Not sure of the exact details but BBC4 can't change it's broadcast hours without a change of charter or something like that. It's to do with the fact it shares its broadcast space with CBBC apparently so can only come on air at 7pm. If it's not that, it's something equally as boring!

Love listening to TMS; it's an institution.

I've listened to it for around 30 years and love it, except when Graeme Swann is on air. He's the only pundit in three decades who makes me switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back