Times the SMB changed your life

1. Finding out about paying in a cheque using the Halifax banking app - That was great!

2. Finding out about the terrorist attack in Mombassa. We were hoping to go on safari for our honeymoon but that put paid to that. I found out about it on here and phoned the travel agent who hadn't heard about it yet!
After that came a monumental fuck about to completely change our honeymoon. Thomson were utter shite about it too

Met some phenomenal ladies doing the Sunderland women's 10k in 2007 (Team Chebs)... Still got me vest... Dunt fit, but still kept it.

Introduced me to @Litten who I chat to daily.

Also helped me to get and install Kodi, for which I'm eternally grateful

:D

I've met lots of people from here who've been always been lovely, for the first time doing the aforementioned Great Women's 10k (and I've still got my Chebs vest too haha). Had masses of support from people I've never had the fortune to meet when I've posted on the depression threads and was utterly stunned by the generosity of the good folk on here when I did my first Great North Run and it was after I'd been unwell for quite a long period. I had support that day from @Pell who can confirm how emotional I was as my phone kept pinging all morning with donations and supportive messages from the good people on here. And who is also a good friend of mine now. I've gained a lot of good people in my life from this place and I could be here all day naming them all, they know who they are. Mind they probably would realise who they are when they know my previous incarnation (@mackem_jo2).

Oh and I wouldn't have had my regular Sunday night Downton Abbey 'dates' with @Bad_mother & @alexander (and at some point I will definitely get the chance to give you the Maggie Smith pic I bought for you :lol: )

Last edited:
Despite all the piss take threads been some moving ones on here that had a grown man with a few tears.

We all need a good laugh to get us through.
Some of the support that some people offer though on here is truly inspirational.

Take a bow you Northern Monkeys. X :)

That absolutely touched my heart

You fuckers are loonier than fuck, but when it comes to standing behind someone on this board, you are top class. My hat's off to you all. Makes a man proud to be a part of this board.

Not wrong mate. Most of us have never met each other either. But, we somehow feel that we "know" each other

Not wrong mate. Most of us have never met each other either. But, we somehow feel that we "know" each other
No, I get it... I mean I think I "talk" more to people on here than I do to my own wife:eek::lol:

Back