Time, BBC1 tonight (Stephen Graham, Sean Bean)

Blimey I never knew any of this.

• Stephen Graham was suffering from depression after he moved to London, he tried to hang himself but the rope snapped.

• He’s dyslexic and his wife reads the scripts out to him to help him choose which parts he’s going for
  • He’s mixed race and had racist abuse in Liverpool as a kid
I’d say a lot of that comes through in his performances, especially the tortured inner soul he often shows.

Blimey I never knew any of this.

• Stephen Graham was suffering from depression after he moved to London, he tried to hang himself but the rope snapped.

• He’s dyslexic and his wife reads the scripts out to him to help him choose which parts he’s going for
  • He’s mixed race and had racist abuse in Liverpool as a kid
I’d say a lot of that comes through in his performances, especially the tortured inner soul he often shows.

I only knew all of that off the below mate, great listen as is Wrightys and Mickey Flanaghan.

Immediate thought was that the prison governor is out for Graham and is using the prisoner to try to get him.
Funny, after the first ep, I thought the next 2 would be him trying to find out who was giving up his son's info, but it was never mentioned.
I didn’t get the sugar bit in the boiling water until the “grass” lad was talking about it to the kids with the chaplain. Nasty that like.
Happens quite a lot. Raises the boiling temp of the water and sticks to the skin. Its really nasty.
Binge watched all 3 episodes last night.
Very good indeed
I couldn't watch more than 1 at a time. They had an edge to them that had you tense the whole time.

Last edited:
Funny, after the first ep, I thought the next 2 would be him trying to find out who was giving up his son's info, but it was never mentioned.

Happens quite a lot. Raises the boiling temp of the water and sticks to the skin. Its really nasty.
Probably be hell on but Id consider banning kettles among some!

My brother is a prison officer and said there were very few ‘mistakes’ that he noticed. That being said, I still can’t believe they allow them to have pool tables.
Yeah, I don't get how they had their own kettle either. Or anything that could be used as a weapon
Probably be hell on but Id consider banning kettles among some!
Just said the exact same thing :)
Three big errors I did notice.
Sean Beans character would never have been made to share a cell with a high risk prisoner on only his second night in jail
I did think that too. Knowing how Prison IT works (I ran one of the main systems for about 5 years), it has a cell-placement tool in it.

Mind, if capacity is still as big a problem as it was back then, they may have had no choice.
Tense watch that .
Right up to the gates opening, I thought he was going to get shanked. Couldn't relax for one moment.
Must have missed this bit but how did the jock know where his son was when he was moved?
They had SG under their thumb, so they'll have other POs too. Its not that hard to look someone up in the computer system - there's even people who don't work in prisons with very good access to the IT systems. I used to have that access, for example.
Just a question about the plot, what could Stephen Graham's character have done differently? If he'd gone to the boss the gangsters would know / find out where him and his family lived and they'd be in danger. His son could have been got at in any prison he was at (or moved to either by prisoners or dodgy screws) it was a truly horrific position to be put in but the man didn't want his only bairn getting murdered FFS.
I think the only thing was having his son go on the VPs wing. But it would have been with the paedos and very little time outside of his cell.
But he'd have been relatively safe.
But yeah, the point of the writing was that there was no choice. The prison guv even said so.
It's easy to see why drugs are rife in prison. I'd need a shit load just to get me through one day in prison.
Best mate used to be a PO, and said they didn't care about drugs. It kept them quite in their cells for the day.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of watching it after catching up on the last episode of Boiling Point. Talk about shredding your nerves :lol:

That 9 o’clock slot on BBC1 on Sundays has turned up some proper gritty stuff.
I'd just finished the Eichmann tapes before watching it. Needed to watch Ghosts afterwards to get my mood back up :lol:
It is really good though! The acting from Jodie Whitaker and Bella Ramsey is brilliant. I didn't manage to see series 1 but for some reason episode 1 is missing from catch up on Sky.

I'd just finished the Eichmann tapes before watching it. Needed to watch Ghosts afterwards to get my mood back up :lol:
It is really good though! The acting from Jodie Whitaker and Bella Ramsey is brilliant. I didn't manage to see series 1 but for some reason episode 1 is missing from catch up on Sky.
Thought Bella Ramsey was class.
Jodie Whitaker always acts the same and I just can’t take to her at all.

All of Series 1 is on iPlayer: Time

Only seen the first episode of S2 so far. Good performances but stretches believability at points.

Back