Time, BBC1 tonight (Stephen Graham, Sean Bean)

I don’t buy into everything always having to run into multiple series. That stood perfectly well as a 3 parter and had a good enough ending.

The danger of this approach to always having to set things up for the next series leads to what we saw with all the bad things about Line of Duty which became the major talking points, eclipsing all the good things.

It might be an age thing, I’m happy enough to watch a stand-alone film, a one-off drama or a single series run. That’s not to say I don’t also watch multiple series stuff, just not hung up on it.
Totally agree. The three parts did everything it needed to do and did it extremely well. brilliant performance's by Stephen Graham and Sean bean and Jimmy McGovern has yet again come up with a cracking series.

Just a question about the plot, what could Stephen Graham's character have done differently? If he'd gone to the boss the gangsters would know / find out where him and his family lived and they'd be in danger. His son could have been got at in any prison he was at (or moved to either by prisoners or dodgy screws) it was a truly horrific position to be put in but the man didn't want his only bairn getting murdered FFS.

Just a question about the plot, what could Stephen Graham's character have done differently? If he'd gone to the boss the gangsters would know / find out where him and his family lived and they'd be in danger. His son could have been got at in any prison he was at (or moved to either by prisoners or dodgy screws) it was a truly horrific position to be put in but the man didn't want his only bairn getting murdered FFS.
Much the same dilemma that Bean’s character faced when he chose to get smacked across the face by a sock full of pool balls rather than drop drugs for the Jocky Mr Big.

Resign, he was knackered whichever way he went.
It's easy to see why drugs are rife in prison. I'd need a shit load just to get me through one day in prison.
They're holidays camps man, apparantly.

Last edited:
Resign, he was knackered whichever way he went.

They're holidays camps man, apparantly.
Yep clearly no deterent as most happy to go in n out constantly.
watched a program on russian jails where you had to chain your bed to the wall at 6am then stand till about midnight, that’d have an effect!!!

Yep clearly no deterent as most happy to go in n out constantly.
watched a program on russian jails where you had to chain your bed to the wall at 6am then stand till about midnight, that’d have an effect!!!
It wouldn't, punishment doesn't work otherwise they wouldn't be there, I don't have the answer...

It wouldn't, punishment doesn't work otherwise they wouldn't be there, I don't have the answer...
It doesnt here mate but I bet they dont laugh off a 6 month term in russia.

A good mate was jailed in Khazakstan at xmas for the sin of arriving during covid n his work hadnt booked a quarantine hotel!!! Done 6 days.

Mate of mine is an ex prison officer and he says they’ve nailed it.

It’s shot at a former prison that’s now a museum

was it shot at Shrewsbury prison?

me and my lass visited that place before our away game a few years back for the 'escape room' game thing. got bags over your head and handcuffed and hoyed in the cell and had an hour to get out. was canny

was it shot at Shrewsbury prison?

me and my lass visited that place before our away game a few years back for the 'escape room' game thing. got bags over your head and handcuffed and hoyed in the cell and had an hour to get out. was canny
Yes it was Shrewsbury. I read somewhere they’d painted it grey for the filming to accentuate the grimness of the place.

Back