Tim Bostock

The Hundred commands the same ECB annual expenditure as the men’s, women’s and disability England teams combined.
Quote from Ben Bloom's book

Last edited:
No one should be surprised at his comments. The contempt he holds his own county's members in was perfectly illustrated by the farcical events in the 2021 T20 home game against Northants - this after over 1500 of them had donated their membership fees to the club the previous season.
What happened?

What happened?

@GordonMuchallNo1Fan summed it up nicely.

GordonMuchallNo1Fan

Striker​

What the fuck happened last year like? :lol:
2021 it was still during covid restrictions, the club hosted them in the county durham lower and part of the trapdoor stand and basically they took the piss. around 2000 of them. now bearing in mind the general public for this game and earlier games we were having to adhere to strict rules with masks/not sitting on end seats, the stewards were shit hot with it, one even running after my wife struggling on her crutches because she wasn't wearing a mask.

anyway as you can imagine no social distancing, hugging, pissed, screaming all kinds at the players (stokes especially must have had a headache), and generally left the place an absolute mess. all shipped in on buses crammed as well. meanwhile plebs like myself crammed in because the club allocated 2 stands for them, were kept being told over the tannoy by the club to spread out, yet when we asked if we could go upstairs to the county durham upper which was empty, we were told "no it's for the students". in other words we couldn't spread out. many left early. stewards couldn't handle it and were put at covid risk because of this. club recieved a lot of complaints and vowed not to repeat it again............ fast forward 2022 and the club put on the same event and do so again for tomorrow. same event invaded the pitch down at Edgbaston last year. I am reliably told one year they caused damage to the away team coach and were urinating all over the stand. the issue in 2021 many were just out the back most of the game, we couldn't use the toilets in the county durham stand so had to walk a fair distance, it was a total shambles.

all about £££ i guess but the club were very apologetic in 2021 and have clearly lied to members when the club said it wouldn't be doing this again.

it'll put many off attending tomorrow

Last edited:
It was mentioned at the ground yesterday that there's 4000 students booked in for the first T20 home game this time, twice as many as last time.
as long as they do what theyve done more recently and shipped them all into gate 5, gave them their own stand and own bars and let the rest of the crowd go about the ground as normal, id imagine they will want them in the ground for longer that day as the women play in the afternoon so sell more beer, hope its policed and stewarded properly if thats the case

as long as they do what theyve done more recently and shipped them all into gate 5, gave them their own stand and own bars and let the rest of the crowd go about the ground as normal, id imagine they will want them in the ground for longer that day as the women play in the afternoon so sell more beer, hope its policed and stewarded properly if thats the case

let's hope they show respect to the stewards and ground in general for a change

As others have said the T20 student game will be against Birmingham on 31st May. Looking on the Invades website there are tickets available if any SMBers want to get in amongst it all ;):lol: INVADES Durham T20 // The Cricket Summer Shindig 2024 tickets on Friday 31 May | Invades | FIXR

According to the advert the 'event' starts at 1pm so looks like it includes the women's T20, so we can all guess how this is likely to go if there's an 8 hour or so student drinking session involved!

Brown nosing,ECB again
uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/durham-chief-insists-issues-ecb-095651653.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jLm5ld3Nub3cuY28udWsv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGMrQAyzrZLlfbuIsYTZF37_lSSp14J6ZNqxnJIdyUSoxcel-ibGF7ak3y-lHlpRIAbdyHq26yER8NszVtUdvKw-itXHMDeGdPcy0s1nc1mMecDI0hlkGipmp3CP9xhvesuM8_JgcbygCcs28EZzCqVnC9oHkQf_P04RuAJvdyxF

Brown nosing,ECB again
uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/durham-chief-insists-issues-ecb-095651653.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jLm5ld3Nub3cuY28udWsv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGMrQAyzrZLlfbuIsYTZF37_lSSp14J6ZNqxnJIdyUSoxcel-ibGF7ak3y-lHlpRIAbdyHq26yER8NszVtUdvKw-itXHMDeGdPcy0s1nc1mMecDI0hlkGipmp3CP9xhvesuM8_JgcbygCcs28EZzCqVnC9oHkQf_P04RuAJvdyxF
Your link isn't a proper link, you need to use the inster link button above.

Anyways, I see nothing wrong here. He can't keep being at war with the ECB (as he says) it's not practical.

Your link isn't a proper link, you need to use the inster link button above.

Anyways, I see nothing wrong here. He can't keep being at war with the ECB (as he says) it's not practical.
"governing body,sic ECB, who are your main funders and your main decision-makers"
That's what's erroneous -ECB aren't the main funders and decision makers,or shouldn't be. They're merely the administrative body,or should be, of the stakeholders,of whom the counties should be the most influential ones.It's a classic case of the tail wagging the dog. So the 16.4 and franchise proliferate at the expense of CC,the feeder for test cricket which is by far the biggest source of revenue. Bostock is perpetuating the myth by his endorsement. Goodbye to the beautiful game.

"governing body,sic ECB, who are your main funders and your main decision-makers"
That's what's erroneous -ECB aren't the main funders and decision makers,or shouldn't be. They're merely the administrative body,or should be, of the stakeholders,of whom the counties should be the most influential ones.It's a classic case of the tail wagging the dog. So the 16.4 and franchise proliferate at the expense of CC,the feeder for test cricket which is by far the biggest source of revenue. Bostock is perpetuating the myth by his endorsement. Goodbye to the beautiful game.
Well yea. I mean anyone whop seen any of my post on the Hundred would gather (I hope) that I'm not a fan, to say the least.
And of course Durham were shafted by the ECB 8 years ago or thereabouts, as many in the game realises and even the ECB thought they went too far.
Anyway the guilty men of those days have moved on to other things, screwing up elsewhere (good luck Yorkshire - mind you it always has been a County flirting with the edge of chaos). I just think there is no mileage for Tim Bostok having a public fight with the ECB.

Back