Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re telling me that if Tiger Woods, Arguably the games greatest player who then had the greatest fall from grace, came back 10 years later to win the Masters, it would be a non story ??

Yes it wont happen, I am going to get lashed if it does, but I just cannot see it happening

Yes it wont happen, I am going to get lashed if it does, but I just cannot see it happening

I’m not saying it will. I’m saying that if it does it will be a massive massive major sporting event.
You’re saying it will be a non story.

Still gutted he didn’t hold on or then win the play off. A fantastic sporting day.
Me anarl. I loved it when he hit the ball into a horrible place on the 17th and he said to his caddie (a mate of his) 'I'll try to hit it out but I'm not sure that I can move it'. He was already struggling in the play off but he wasn't giving up.

It is at present, so not point going on, it wont happen, bookmark away

In that respect, there is no point at all in getting excited or romantic over anything other than what is most likely.
Did you go to wembley fully expecting a Man City win or did you allow yourself a bit of hope ?

Me anarl. I loved it when he hit the ball into a horrible place on the 17th and he said to his caddie (a mate of his) 'I'll try to hit it out but I'm not sure that I can move it'. He was already struggling in the play off but he wasn't giving up.

A true great.

In that respect, there is no point at all in getting excited or romantic over anything other than what is most likely.
Did you go to wembley fully expecting a Man City win or did you allow yourself a bit of hope ?

I was wembley, and I wanted a win, but in reality, TW is past it, he has lost too much over years, and yes, i will eat my words should it happen, nite nite off to kip

I didn’t think he’d ever contend again but ffs he’s in contention after what 3 events is it? If he gets back to 80% of what he was he’ll win another major and will beat Sneads record.

No mate sorry, a non story, too many young and better golfers these days, I understand your sentiments, but i don't feel the way you do, sorry
I think the flip to that is also true, there are a lot of better older players too. Woods is one shot off the lead in a tournament that the two best young golfers of the last 10 years - McIlroy and Spieth - have missed the cut in.

Golf has finally caught up with other sports on the fitness side of things, players are going to compete well into late 40s on a regular occurrence.

A 47 year old has just won an event last week while also on a run of 6 top 10 finishes.

If Spieth and Rory keep putting like mid handicappers he’s got every chance

Them two have looked lifting through California and Florida

If he can hit a few more fairways he he will contend

His irons have looked good just a few issues with distance control his short game looks as good as anyone’s

have you seen that back swing these days, hes lucky if its at 80 % of his old one

Better tell John Rahm to lengthen his backswing then he could hit it 400 if he went all the way to parallel

Must be camera tricks when he’s been out driving Justin Thomas and only been a few yards behind Rory

He’s averaging 318 yards with the driver man he’s as long as he’s always been :lol:

Distance is not his problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back