Tiger Woods v Phil Mickleson Showdown

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date

Wouldn't mind watching this to be honest.

Just watched this. Not a huge golf fan, but I do want to see this. 8pm start so pretty perfect for the UK market as should be wrapped up by midnight. Think I'll find a stream for it.

Last edited:
while i don't massively agree that the winner should get 9m, does make it more interesting know just how much is on the line

No spectators on the course either, dunno how they're going to make this a watchable event for 4+ hours
They've got the PPV budget with no commercials so thy'll have the budget and something up their sleeve. Sky are just using the US feed, but will no doubt add in ad breaks.

I think it'll be interesting, for a while at least.

while i don't massively agree that the winner should get 9m, does make it more interesting know just how much is on the line
9m not gonna make any different to the lifestyle of either of them. Would be more interesting if they had to give the winner 9m of their own money.

9m not gonna make any different to the lifestyle of either of them. Would be more interesting if they had to give the winner 9m of their own money.
still a huge amount of money, but yeah, would be better if they were wagering their own... saw something like 200,000 goes to winners charity (from the loser) or something like that

still a huge amount of money, but yeah, would be better if they were wagering their own... saw something like 200,000 goes to winners charity (from the loser) or something like that

Na, part of the gimmick is that they will be making 'side bets' around the course. Phil bet Tiger 100k that he would get a birdie on the first hole but was told to double it and money won from these bets will be going to charity.

Some of the other pros arent too interested in it

"
"Look, if they had done it 15 years ago it would have been great," Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy said. "But nowadays, it has missed the mark a little bit."

World number four Justin Thomas, who is an American Ryder Cup team-mate of Woods and Mickelson, indicated last month he would not be paying the $19.99 subscription fee to watch.

"Love TW and Phil to death, but there's a zero percent chance I order that," Thomas tweeted. "I'll be watching football!"

Spain's Jon Rahm, ranked eighth, said he felt the match is "10 years too late".

"Maybe when they were both in their prime it would have been extremely amazing," he said.

England's Eddie Pepperell, the world number 38, described the match as "putrid attempt at attention" which will "be futile for everyone".

Back