Tiger Woods v Phil Mickleson Showdown

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date

Said in the golf thread that I can understand why big golf fans aren't too keen on this, but if you do want to watch then we here have got a far better deal than those in America. You could argue that Tiger is just as big a name over here as he is in America and those 'across the pond' are paying $20 for something that will run from 12-5pm PST, 3-8pm EST whereas we get it 8pm-1am so a lot better viewing time for most, plus it's at no extra cost to our Sky subscription.

If we want to see American boxing PPVs like Mayweather vs McGregor/Pacman or Wilder vs Fury then we have to pay an extra £20 for a main event starting at 4/5am.

Some of the other pros arent too interested in it

"
"Look, if they had done it 15 years ago it would have been great," Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy said. "But nowadays, it has missed the mark a little bit."

World number four Justin Thomas, who is an American Ryder Cup team-mate of Woods and Mickelson, indicated last month he would not be paying the $19.99 subscription fee to watch.

"Love TW and Phil to death, but there's a zero percent chance I order that," Thomas tweeted. "I'll be watching football!"

Spain's Jon Rahm, ranked eighth, said he felt the match is "10 years too late".

"Maybe when they were both in their prime it would have been extremely amazing," he said.

England's Eddie Pepperell, the world number 38, described the match as "putrid attempt at attention" which will "be futile for everyone".
otherwise transaled as wheres my f***ing 9m for pissing about in the close season

TBF I'd be far more interested in a match between rory and say thomas spieth or fatrick than this. They're not wrong in saying its 10 years too late.
true i'll watch it as its on and i've thrown a 50 on tiger to win by 3 or more but its not a match for the ages. Not a tiger fan but lefty can barely pick up a club at the moment

true i'll watch it as its on and i've thrown a 50 on tiger to win by 3 or more but its not a match for the ages. Not a tiger fan but lefty can barely pick up a club at the moment
what odds did you get on that? Wouldn't count mickelson out depending on the course though, if accurate driving is not important he could do well.

Would have been a must watch 15 year back when there was genuine needle between the pair

I'm being a massive cynic here but there's something about all this that tells me it will play out to be a close game

Last edited:
It's a bit different I suppose. I'd be crushed if I'd paid £20 for it like

Great shot by wood , chipping in on the 17th to take it all square to the 18th for $7m

$9m*

Last edited:

Back