Tier 1.

Are you on IOW?

17 ambulances outside Treliske last weekend but they have just opened nightingale Exeter which might help?
Which begs the question why you are tier 1? The cynic in me suggests that the Isle of Wight and Cornwall being put in tier 1 is to prove a point. Ofcourse winter tourism numbers compared to the summer is minute but still a significant amount. I bet loads of Southerners particularly Londoners have holiday homes and the like in Cornwall or the Isle of Wight. So when cases start rising in those places they can justify a more authoritarian renewal of the tiers on the 16th? I’ve been looking at the cases per 100k and areas of Suffolk, Surrey, Norfolk and Sussex should have been placed in tier 1 before Cornwall. Something doesn’t add up, though I don’t begrudge the people of Cornwall the crumbs they’ve been thrown by our masters.

Ah there you go, the answer is that you will still piss and moan about tourists regardless.
They are not tourists if someone lives here. Like me?
Which begs the question why you are tier 1? The cynic in me suggests that the Isle of Wight and Cornwall being put in tier 1 is to prove a point. Ofcourse winter tourism numbers compared to the summer is minute but still a significant amount. I bet loads of Southerners particularly Londoners have holiday homes and the like in Cornwall or the Isle of Wight. So when cases start rising in those places they can justify a more authoritarian renewal of the tiers on the 16th? I’ve been looking at the cases per 100k and areas of Suffolk, Surrey, Norfolk and Sussex should have been placed in tier 1 before Cornwall. Something doesn’t add up, though I don’t begrudge the people of Cornwall the crumbs they’ve been thrown by our masters.
As long as a person coming on holiday here is well when they set off, any illness won’t impact on our services if they return home after their “holiday “
It’s normally week 3 or there abouts when people need hosp

Last edited:
They are not tourists if someone lives here. Like me?

As long as a person coming on holiday here is well when they set off, any illness won’t impact on our services if they return home after their “holiday “
It’s normally week 3 or there abouts when people need hosp
Indeed but If cases per 100K start rising to any significant extent then SAGE and the cabinet will so ‘oh look it’s not working!! We need to tighten it’. I see it as a political booby trap. Perhaps I’m too cynical.

Indeed but If cases per 100K start rising to any significant extent then SAGE and the cabinet will so ‘oh look it’s not working!! We need to tighten it’. I see it as a political booby trap. Perhaps I’m too cynical.
I asked NHS England the question, “ if someone from Birmingham comes on holiday to Cornwall and tests positive, is that a positive for Cornwall or Birmingham’s figures? “
They couldn’t answer me as nobody knew
Then Clotted cream 👍
Contentious that mind

I asked NHS England the question, “ if someone from Birmingham comes on holiday to Cornwall and tests positive, is that a positive for Cornwall or Birmingham’s figures? “
They couldn’t answer me as nobody knew

Contentious that mind

I can answer you, because the positive test is allocated to your home postcode.

Back