Thunder warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite a lot of thunder in DH7 for about half an hour from about 6:30pm, canny way to have a shower whilst flashes of lightning and loud rumbles of thunder are happening.

Absolutely nothing in Hartlepool.
No rain, no hail, no thunder, and definitely no lightning. 😑

I tried to get a timelapse at Hendon beach but its going straight out to sea just after seaham and couldnt see anything, so now I have a video of clouds moving

Looks like it's tracking out to sea which is strange because the wind direction shows it should be heading straight for us.

Logon or register to see this image

Winds must be a different direction higher up as this is the surface direction right now: earth :: a global map of wind, weather, and ocean conditions
Look at it at 250 hPA on the height!

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curre...orthographic=7.56,71.71,408/loc=45.029,55.333

Logon or register to see this image

10 hPA looks mad also with over 500km/h winds in the white bits! Also looks like a mini Jupiter red spot with the eye between the different streams going opposite each other!

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curre...hographic=107.27,-37.70,408/loc=45.029,55.333

It's going mad in the South Pole up in the skies yet the North Pole has no wind at all if you rotate it around!

Last edited by a moderator:
At last.

We have torrential rain, thunder, and lightning, in British West Hartlepool. ⚡ ⛈⛈ ☔
Shit loads of rain along with thunder and lightening in Seaton right now
It's all just started in the town centre of Hartlepool.
Rolling thunder here, and the skies are lit up with lightning flashes and the rain is pouring down.

This is quite possibly, the most exciting thing, British West Hartlepool has seen, since the Busby Babes played against Hartlepools, at the Vic, back in the 1950's :eek: :lol:

We're in the eye. It'll come back in a bit.
My mam used to convince me that thunderstorms go away and then come back again!

It amazes me that Met's can predict thunderstorms over two days in advance. I'd love to know what it was like in olden times when they feared the thunder gods!
Distant rumbles in NE3. Disappointing

There was a class cloud structure though.. looked like a line between clouds..almost like a rainbow.

Anyone know what it is?
They're called shelf clouds. They are pretty amazing, like!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back