Thunder warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipping down in NE38 @Ginger John

I know. I've been sent a picture of one of my dogs hiding under a desk as he's scared. Bless him!

Expecting a big storm here on Sunday. They've cancelled my Brijuni national park trip as they're small islands and it'll be too dangerous for the boat to go out :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I've been sent a picture of one of my dogs hiding under a desk as he's scared. Bless him!

If it was because of the very loud thunder crack from about 30 minutes ago, then I’m not surprised.

Just sitting watching the rain come down, then a brilliant white flash, five seconds later BOOM!

Been more impressive if it had been a lot darker outside.

Canny bit thunder during the night. Must have done something to powergrid, no electric since early hours and early estimate is 12noon for power back.

It's still hoying down, here in TS26, but no thunder yet.

I've been fascinated this afternoon. I could see the storm building way out at sea and the clouds had that funny yellow tinge. There's no beach here. Its like a lagoon with a concrete prom and pool ladders down into the sea. The water is usually quite still but it got rough and the water level rise so it was lapping on the concrete prom.

The sun sets around 8.45pm. It started to get dark about 7.45pm and we could see it was like a curtain out at sea. We stood out on the prom watching it rolling in and the wind picked up. Got into the hotel before it started raining this time and then it hit with a vengeance again.

There's still lightning and thunder rolling around and the sea has risen so the prom is underwater.

Nature is powerful but amazing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back