Thomas Cook - going bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you never access emails on your laptop? Downloaded any docs when the booking was made? Just wondering if they might be floating around in cache somewhere.
Yes I accessed them on the works laptop but never downloaded. To be honest it just never occurred to me, I just thought my documents are safe in my email and I'm happy knowing where they are. Obviously looking back I wish I'd printed them out but I just never ever expected this chain of events haha. I just need to get to Monday, get my forms and hope that there's a way of sorting it out.

Yes I accessed them on the works laptop but never downloaded. To be honest it just never occurred to me, I just thought my documents are safe in my email and I'm happy knowing where they are. Obviously looking back I wish I'd printed them out but I just never ever expected this chain of events haha. I just need to get to Monday, get my forms and hope that there's a way of sorting it out.
Aye hindsight is always 20/20 unfortunately.

Hope it pans out ok for you. As has been said, you've got proof of payments coming out so while it might mean more delays, they should be able to track it back eventually.

No my email has gone. Here's what's happened - not Fri gone but the Fri before my phone texted to say it will update during the night, when I woke up it was broken, took it to the shop and they sent it away to get repaired. I got it back yesterday but couldn't access my yahoo account, managed to speak to them and was told it got hacked a week ago and due to the spam emails it had been sending it was shut down with immediate effect. Told them I need documents out of it and they said sorry the email account doesn't exist anymore. I can't get them sent out to a different email cause the hol was booked through Thomas Cook dot com which no longer exists. Every avenue I've searched tells me I need the documents to make a claim. The documents I have no way at all of accessing.

Who told you this? The shop?

Doesn't matter tho IMO - you have proof you paid, THEY have the relevant documents, they know what you have paid, when, how much etc etc...

I wouldn't worry, they are just trying to fob you off.

Who told you this? The shop?

Doesn't matter tho IMO - you have proof you paid, THEY have the relevant documents, they know what you have paid, when, how much etc etc...

I wouldn't worry, they are just trying to fob you off.
I really hope so. The hol was a treat for me and my son for my 40th and was way more than I'd normally pay and would never pay that much again. If we're not going on the hol I can't afford to just lose the money.

It should be ok:

What if I can't find my ATOL certificate?
Don't worry. The Civil Aviation Authority says that so long as you have proof that you bought a holiday that's ATOL-protected, you will be able to make a claim (once the claiming window opens on Monday) - even if you don't actually have a copy of your ATOL certificate.
Details of how to prove you bought an ATOL-protected holiday should become clearer once you can make an ATOL claim on Monday.

If you've got the direct debit details, it's proof you were paying for the holiday.

No my email has gone. Here's what's happened - not Fri gone but the Fri before my phone texted to say it will update during the night, when I woke up it was broken, took it to the shop and they sent it away to get repaired. I got it back yesterday but couldn't access my yahoo account, managed to speak to them and was told it got hacked a week ago and due to the spam emails it had been sending it was shut down with immediate effect. Told them I need documents out of it and they said sorry the email account doesn't exist anymore. I can't get them sent out to a different email cause the hol was booked through Thomas Cook dot com which no longer exists. Every avenue I've searched tells me I need the documents to make a claim. The documents I have no way at all of accessing.
Hopefully the hacker isn't onto them before you, they might get the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back