This whole making a good impression during the interview malarky

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what they will be using when looking at potential transfers etc, Speakman talks about it and Dave Jones is big on it too... Whether they are able to use any sort of data when looking at managers i dont know it was just a thought

That’s what I was thinking, unsure how it could be used to assess a manager.

Still undecided about Johnson but you must question the practices of the current lot as the same thing was mentioned about Parkinson as has been mentioned tonight about them impressing during the interview.

When it comes to football management surely with your whole working performance out in the public domain 95% of the selection process should be based up on the previous achievements and not if someone talks a good game at the interview. I would say as long as you don't sit there picking your nose and flicking snots at the owners face for example what difference should the interview make?.

I suspect this is really their way of saying they'll do they job for less than the competition.

Would ye expect to make a shit impression and get the gig? Sweet baby Fookin Jeesas.....

Still undecided about Johnson but you must question the practices of the current lot as the same thing was mentioned about Parkinson as has been mentioned tonight about them impressing during the interview.

When it comes to football management surely with your whole working performance out in the public domain 95% of the selection process should be based up on the previous achievements and not if someone talks a good game at the interview. I would say as long as you don't sit there picking your nose and flicking snots at the owners face for example what difference should the interview make?.

I suspect this is really their way of saying they'll do they job for less than the competition.
We can all talk ourselves up and go overboard when going for an interview, just tell the interviewer what he wants to hear. Suppose some employers are more gullible than others. Though none as gullible as our lot.
Anyhow Lee is here now and good look to him.

Johnson impressing in an interview and Parkinson impressing an entirely different set of people in an interview is neither here nor there. It all depends on the quality of the people and the questions being asked. We’ve gone from Donald and Hill doing it to Speakman. From what we can see, that couldn't be more chalk and cheese if it tried.

Bielsa before Leeds:

10 months at Marseille
2 days at Lazio
6 months at Lille

Hardly a ringing recent endorsement.
Hardly a fair appraisal given his overall record and very unique football philosophy. Wish he'd walk over broken glass to manage us .

What about impressing the message boards?
This is what they will be using when looking at potential transfers etc, Speakman talks about it and Dave Jones is big on it too... Whether they are able to use any sort of data when looking at managers i dont know it was just a thought
Charles Hughes used data too.
Johnson impressing in an interview and Parkinson impressing an entirely different set of people in an interview is neither here nor there. It all depends on the quality of the people and the questions being asked. We’ve gone from Donald and Hill doing it to Speakman. From what we can see, that couldn't be more chalk and cheese if it tried.
Let’s hope so!

Last edited:
People saying X manager has this record , Y manager has this record ,need to wake up .

2 days ago
Donald and the "yes men" meeting
Donald " Who's the cheapest?"
yes men ... "Lee Johnson ,half the price of Cowley brothers and Pearson and SKP "
Donald " Go for it "
Yes men "Fans won't be happy"
Donald " They hate me anyhow ,just get us in the championship and i will take my millions "
The end.......
But why would he pay Parky off? It makes no sense why he's done all of this.

Something like "ts a massive club with a great set of fans, Charley Hurley is one of my icons and its an opportunity too big to turn down"

After his first defeat "these things take time but there are some positives"

Absolutely 100% this. There not interviewing someone who is managing a call centre to see how they can motivate a team with all the business speak shite that comes with it. This has got to come from past achievements. In factvof the 3 names i didnt want, cowelys, cook and johnson, johnson would have been by far behind the others. The rop and bottom is probablybhe was the cheapest and the only one who would work undrr a DOF.

Parky was going to fail to take us up again ..try another manager ( cheapest available) to get us out of this league and then he will cash in .
I get the cynicism but those are totally contradictory positions. Even Donald isn’t stupid enough to think it’s worth sacking and paying off a manager in order to replace with worse/ same quality and get promoted. I suspect our manager salary is high for this league, it’s his f***ing terrible judgement that’s the issue here, not being a cheapskate. Same on player recruitment. The academy is a different matter, that’s clearly been under resourced.

Parky was going to fail to take us up again ..try another manager ( cheapest available) to get us out of this league and then he will cash in .
Possibly.
But if the takeover is as close as they say, then it doesn't matter. Its just an expense that he could have avoided.

The only way it makes sense is if the takeover basically isn't happening, or that SD will be part of the leadership team in the new model anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back