This whole making a good impression during the interview malarky

jimb

Winger
Still undecided about Johnson but you must question the practices of the current lot as the same thing was mentioned about Parkinson as has been mentioned tonight about them impressing during the interview.

When it comes to football management surely with your whole working performance out in the public domain 95% of the selection process should be based up on the previous achievements and not if someone talks a good game at the interview. I would say as long as you don't sit there picking your nose and flicking snots at the owners face for example what difference should the interview make?.

I suspect this is really their way of saying they'll do they job for less than the competition.

To be fair, no one from the club has actually said this its only a reporter that has stated that... They seem heavily focussed on data analytics so maybes they have looked at this in the process of picking a manager too!?

Still undecided about Johnson but you must question the practices of the current lot as the same thing was mentioned about Parkinson as has been mentioned tonight about them impressing during the interview.

When it comes to football management surely with your whole working performance out in the public domain 95% of the selection process should be based up on the previous achievements and not if someone talks a good game at the interview. I would say as long as you don't sit there picking your nose and flicking snots at the owners face for example what difference should the interview make?.

I suspect this is really their way of saying they'll do they job for less than the competition.

Agreed, I mean it’s not a normal appointment is it, you can’t compare it to say appointing office staff. You’re dot on, they said exactly the same about Parkinson.

People saying X manager has this record , Y manager has this record ,need to wake up .

2 days ago

Donald and the "yes men" meeting

Donald " Who's the cheapest?"

yes men ... "Lee Johnson ,half the price of Cowley brothers and Pearson and SKP "

Donald " Go for it "

Yes men "Fans won't be happy"

Donald " They hate me anyhow ,just get us in the championship and i will take my millions "

The end.......

Are you thick ???

Bielsa before Leeds:

10 months at Marseille
2 days at Lazio
6 months at Lille

Hardly a ringing recent endorsement.

You'd have thought they'd have learned their lesson after Parky impressed at interview. The result was that we got exactly what we could expect from his record - approximately a 33% win ratio. We already know what we'll get from Johnson - a bit of a winning streak followed by a losing streak, pretty average overall results and he'll be sacked in the realisation we should have gone for the Cowley's in 12-18 months. It's a shame because the takeover looked positive and I like the look of Speakman but I'm just not going through this shit again, supporting another manager who is obviously wrong.

To be fair, no one from the club has actually said this its only a reporter that has stated that... They seem heavily focussed on data analytics so maybes they have looked at this in the process of picking a manager too!?

What do you mean data analytics and where have they said this?

What do you mean data analytics and where have they said this?

Speakman in his interview on safc.com

I think it was more to do with looking at player recruitment and academy prospects. I doubt they’ll have had time to put Lee Johnson through the number crunching machine.

I’m as meh about Johnson as the next man but it’s obvious a strategy/ philosophy change is incoming and he does fit the profile for manager/ coach for young, quick, attacking team. The only real snag, and it’s quite a big one, is his record to date being distinctly average. It has been in a higher division though and he’s still very young with room to improve.

Back