This time with Alan Partridge

I used to hate this but I've settled down and watch it, it's better than most stuff these days and canny funny if you fast forward the bits with Simon

Haven't seen this weeks but the Irishman lookalike was brilliant, up there with classic partridge

I agree some of the reviews in the papers have gone crackers, presumably because they haven't seen or heard the earlier shows
Simon was top drawer this week, to the point where I think he was underused in the others.

Edit: badly implemented.

Last edited:
Overall I enjoyed it. Had some proper good belly laughs in it. Parts of it were hit and miss and I agree with a comment earlier in the thread that it's like 30 mins of 5 minute Partridge clips.

I'll give this series 7.5/10, still way funnier than anything else that's on terrestrial TV.

Simon was top drawer this week, to the point where I think he was underused in the others.

Edit: badly implemented.
Watched this week's last night and can't agree with you there marra.

Those looks to camera, the t shirt under the shirt, the horrendous banter during the fashion segment and general ineptitude of the bloke makes me cringe to my toes.

Overall I enjoyed it. Had some proper good belly laughs in it. Parts of it were hit and miss and I agree with a comment earlier in the thread that it's like 30 mins of 5 minute Partridge clips.

I'll give this series 7.5/10, still way funnier than anything else that's on terrestrial TV.

I'd argue that Derry Girls is as funny but agree about the rest, pretty much.

Watched this week's last night and can't agree with you there marra.

Those looks to camera, the t shirt under the shirt, the horrendous banter during the fashion segment and general ineptitude of the bloke makes me cringe to my toes.
They are all of the reasons why he's funny. Probably best sticking to more obvious humour, like Chubby Brown.

Apropos of nowt - except it's quite clever comedy - I listened to this on Radio 4 Extra this morning and found it very good

Last edited:
Wasn't sure about the format at first but now I think it's the perfect forum for him.
The whole series is absolutely littered with jokes. Need to watch it all again.

Back