This reminds me of the play-off season under Reidy.

The shite bit is having Parky for as long. If we'd had Johnson from the start we'd be top with a gap imo. We can only do so much, its a first loss in well over ten games so its about a reaction on Tuesday now. Lots of soft points already dropped though, and if indeed it isn't top two it won't be Johnsons fault.

Playing right to the death and not quite being able to break into the top two.

Play-offs it will be and I bet we play f***ing Charlton again, if we get to the final of course... 🙄
It doesn’t for me to be honest. I get what you are saying but the season you are referring to we started the season badly but once we clicked we were fantastic- by a mile for me the best side in the league, goal threats all over the pitch. Take for example up front. We had Quinn, Phillips, Bridges and Dichio. All four could score goals. This side doesn’t even have 1 good striker.

It doesn’t for me to be honest. I get what you are saying but the season you are referring to we started the season badly but once we clicked we were fantastic- by a mile for me the best side in the league, goal threats all over the pitch. Take for example up front. We had Quinn, Phillips, Bridges and Dichio. All four could score goals. This side doesn’t even have 1 good striker.

charlie wyke 22 league goals

yea not one good striker

Apart from the 4-0 win at Lincoln which flattered us, we have had no big wins.

The Reid team that got promoted after the playoff disappointment used to tear teams apart. Oxford 7-0, Tranmere 5-0, Bury 5-2.

Within 48 hours in the North West we beat Bolton 3-0 on a Sunday and Crewe 4-1 on a Tuesday. The extra season made sure we were ready for the Premiership when we got there.

Our current team are nowhere near good enough to compete in the Championship. Going out and buying a fresh team is not the answer.

In my opinion a top two spot is highly unlikely so the playoff lottery beckons. This does not feel like a promotion team. Wyke can only score headers and the other forwards and central midfielders barely score at all. Instead of Ross Stewart we should have gone for players like the Coventry lads that put 5 past us under Jack Ross. We seem to think you have to score every goal from a cross.

Apart from the 4-0 win at Lincoln which flattered us, we have had no big wins.

The Reid team that got promoted after the playoff disappointment used to tear teams apart. Oxford 7-0, Tranmere 5-0, Bury 5-2.

Within 48 hours in the North West we beat Bolton 3-0 on a Sunday and Crewe 4-1 on a Tuesday. The extra season made sure we were ready for the Premiership when we got there.

Our current team are nowhere near good enough to compete in the Championship. Going out and buying a fresh team is not the answer.

In my opinion a top two spot is highly unlikely so the playoff lottery beckons. This does not feel like a promotion team. Wyke can only score headers and the other forwards and central midfielders barely score at all. Instead of Ross Stewart we should have gone for players like the Coventry lads that put 5 past us under Jack Ross. We seem to think you have to score every goal from a cross.

Nailed. We're an average League one side who have been on a good run of form, our squad size gives us an edge over some of the smaller sides is all. Our players are as ordinary as they come.

The shite bit is having Parky for as long. If we'd had Johnson from the start we'd be top with a gap imo. We can only do so much, its a first loss in well over ten games so its about a reaction on Tuesday now. Lots of soft points already dropped though, and if indeed it isn't top two it won't be Johnsons fault.
This. We have 14 draws, only Shrewsbury have the same amount all other clubs have less. If dinoparky didn't play jack dross football and converted some of them draws to wins, we would be comfortably up there. This is the first game we've come away with no points, granted some of the football has been dire and I'm not sure how we've won. But there is still points to be won by us and dropped by others.

My biggest worry is playing Blackpool twice, they have been on a good run of late, but like us can and will drop points. Like we've said for weeks it's in our hands

That same team stuffed league leaders Forest away 3-0. Let’s hope we replicate that scoreline against Hull!

he seems off form lately though was a cracking save by their keeper
Always making excuses for him 😂 he was clean through and had all the time in the world. Should have shot earlier across the keeper and gave the keeper no chance. Instead, he thinks he’s Messi and tries a dink which he doesn’t have the technique or finesse to pull off, and fucks it up. The first chance was worse though, to not even hit the target is criminal

100% this. We are all cheesed off but it's not Johnsons fault.

Always making excuses for him 😂 he was clean through and had all the time in the world. Should have shot earlier across the keeper and gave the keeper no chance. Instead, he thinks he’s Messi and tries a dink which he doesn’t have the technique or finesse to pull off, and fucks it up. The first chance was worse though, to not even hit the target is criminal
The dink was the correct move he failed by maybe an inch to beat the keepers finger tips , the amount of times you see that situation throughout a season and the striker hits the keeper on the floor when chipping him was the obvious thing to do.
Form is temporary, class is permanent as we are now seeing. Even marco said yesterday he can only score one type of goal.

Marco has made side career out if criticising our players and fans for years, great player , shit pundit.

Last edited:

Back